Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lake Time Fun!

Can you believe it had been TWO YEARS since I was on my boat last?! 
TWO YEARS! 
 
Me, at my lake, two years ago.
 
That's right, I didn't go up on my boat at all last year because of my mean ouchies and my big heart.  The momma and the dad took me and Brutey up to the dog beach last summer on a cooler day, but not on the boat.  So, when I saw the momma take out my life jacket this past weekend, I went BONKERS!
 
Lake George, here I come!!!
 
I was so excited, I didn't sleep at all on our hour ride up to the lake.  And, when we got there and parked the car, I was the happiest Corbin you've ever seen!  Although I was in a hurry to get to my boat and jump in my lake, while we were walking, I did stop quick to beg from some nice folks eating their breakfasts.  Hey, when you smell bacon, you want some bacon!  They momma got all embarrassed and said "COBRIN!" so I left without any bacon.
 
But, I got something better than bacon!  Did you know there are things that are better than bacon?  Yep, my BOAT is better than bacon!  It totally is!  When we got to the docks, the momma said "Corbin, go find your boat" and I ran down that dock and jumped right into my boat!
 
I found the boat!
 
We waited a little while for some friends to join us, so the momma set up a Corbin Cooling station so I wouldn't get over heated before I could jump in the waters.
 
Ahhhhhh.... relaxing on my boat with the cool breeze though the hatch,
the comfy bed under my handsome furs and fans to keep me from getting hot!
 
As soon as our friends arrived, I suited up with my life jacket and off we went!  I ride down in the cuddy because the wind sometimes bothers my eyes and I don't like to wear goggles.  I had to sit down in the cuddy and stay out of the way until we were all safely and securely tied up next to some other boats!
 
WE MADE IT!
 
I was so excited to be at my lake, I jumped right in!  Now, if you remember from previous years on the boat, the Corbin isn't a big jumper in of the waters.  But, I just couldn't contain myself and in I went!  I was a regular dock diving dog!
 
SPLASH!!!
 
It was a very hot and humid day, so the momma was a bit concerned about how the Corbin's health would weather the weather.  I told the momma that I was A-OK and I floated around in my float all day!
 
This is me nakey with no life jacket!
 
There were lots of friends there too!  My girls, Bethany and Avery were there!  I don't have any photos of them, and the momma is upset about that because even Avery was in swimming all around!  But, I did go over to Grandpa Jack's boat and visit with my girls quite a few times.  Also, my friend Molly was there!  Molly also had her own float - and, I borrowed my float from her, too!
 
Molly!
 
Now, I liked my float just as well, but Molly's float was awesome!  So, I decided she had room for a Corbin.
 
Make room for the Corbin!
 
So, Molly and I floated around for a while.  We met some peoples and there were a bunch of other dogs -like a HUGE Great Dane!  He looked like fun, but I never got over to say hi.  There was also a "doodle" type dog, and do you know how he got around in the water?  He let his hind end sink, and his front end float, and he walked on his hind legs in the waters!  Can you believe it!  I said "Dudes, you crazy... I'll stick with my floaty and life jacket!" BOL!
 
Hey dudes, nice to meet you. 
 
You see those three dudes I met?  They couldn't believe that I owned the momma!  They asked Mr. Gary (in the hat) about me and he said "He's not my dog!" and Miss Joann pointed to the momma and said "He's her dog!" and they looked at the momma and said "YOUR dog?!" and the momma said yes.  They couldn't believe that the momma could pick the Corbin up!  It's not the first time people have made comments about the Corbin being a big and scary dog with a momma.  In fact, while we were walking down to my boat, this guy yells to the momma "That ain't no chick dog, that's a MANS dog."  Well... I have a momma and I love the momma and although I can't fit into the momma's purse, I'm still a momma's dog.
 
I DO love my dad, too!
 
The dad took me over to an area where I could touch, without doing some crazy walking dog act.  He threw my ball and I got to run and jump in the waters, which I love to do!
 
SPLASH!
 
Then we'd swim back to the boat.
 
Someone play with me?
 
Sometimes the momma would tell me that I needed to get out of the water for a bit and take a break.  So, I'd lay on the back of the boat and force others to play with me play with my ball....
 
Oops.
 
Hey, lady I just met... I seem to have dropped my ball...
 
Won't you give it a toss?
 
THANKS!
 
Would you like to play again?
 
The momma said I had to go in the boat and take a chill pill.  Well, she didn't provide me with any pills, but I did chill out a bit and cooled down with a refreshing beverage.
 
Slurp.
 
Then I begged for a bite of some hot dogs.
 
This is my friend Briana, she came out on my boat.
 
And, Briana's mom, Miss Jamie.  She takes all of my fantastic
family photos!
 
I gave Jamie lots of smoochies.
 
But, the sun did start to set and it was about time to head back in.
 
Of course, I said...
 
But, I DON'T WANNA GO!!!!!
 
But, the momma said that the Corbin could drive!  So, I said, hurry up and pack it in!  Let's go!
 
Captain Corbin at your service!

It really was a super fun day and I was super happy the momma let me come along. 
I had so much fun! 
I'll leave you with a picture of me with my parents!
 
Family lake time! 

20 comments:

  1. YAY Corbin! i'm so glad you had so much fun at the lake!!! you guys were a joy to hang out with :D we'll have to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the best day ever! So glad you got back to the lake, Corbin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you big guy - we haven't seen you lookin so happy and smilie in ages!!! Way to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cap'n Corbin..... THIS post makes us SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. It is superb to see you back on your Boat and in the water and having all the fun that you LOVE so much.
    We want to say a grrrreat big THANK YOU to your Mom and Dad fur taking such FABULOUS CARE of you... so that you are now able to enjoy your beloved boat again. BRAVO WELL DONE to your PAWrents!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got to play on a boat again!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great day - thanks for sharing all your photos!! You are just the cutest Corbin. We're so glad you feeling better and can get back to your boat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your boat adventures, though I can't believe it's been that long since you've been on a boat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Captain Corbin!! You sure had a pawesome time. I just LOVES your float. That's the only way I'd like to be in water. I have a life jacket, but I don't swim that well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what a great time!

    Oh, and I have to correct you - the only thing better than bacon is not a regular boat - it is a boat made out of bacon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so happy, Corbin!! You've missed your boat a lot! Did you come back home and sleep forever after that? I'll bet you were worn out, even with resty time. So much fun! And I'm glad you have your own jacket. Better to be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you had a busy day! I'm really glad you got to go do something that obviously makes you so happy. That's a great picture of you and the pawrents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing time on the lake I'm so glad you got to go out on your boat this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh boy - you sure look like you were having the bestest time ever, Corbin!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww! Looks like you had all of the funs, Corbee! The Moby man is jelly of your lake times - he hasn't been to the lake in 10 bazillion years (or two weeks).

    Emily @ Our Waldo Bungie
    www.ourwaldobungie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Corbin....What a fantastic day out....and summer's not over yet! We're so happy you're BACK on your boat!

    XXXoOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  16. You sure looked like you were having the time of your life Corbin. What a fun time on the lake and your boat.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy moly that looks like the most fun EVER! A day in the water with family and boats and a bunch of dogs and people who love dogs. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Corbin, what a great day you had!!!


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like one AMAZING adventure, you look like you had such a wonderful day, I love all of the photos, you look like you are smiling the whole time, so much love! You have a great family!
    I wish I could go on a boat, that looks great!
    Love, Licks and Hugs from your Furiend Frank xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had a really wonderful time! You sure have earned it, Corbin.

    That's hilarious that some people couldn't believe you are your mama's dog. I've heard that about my dog, too! Apparently a short, girly looking lady isn't expected to have a 75 lb. hunting dog! Little do they know that Gatsby is a big sweet cuddle boy. :)

    ReplyDelete