Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Introducing... Hint #3?

Corbin wanted to give you another hint before I could have my own blog post to say hello, but I told him it would be pretty mean to make you wait even longer to meet me.  There is no hint number 3, so without further a-do...
Hi, my name is Lexie and I'm Corbin's new foster sister. 

I know some of you were hoping all 5 of my adorable puppies in hint #1 were Corbin's new fosters, but they were all adopted last weekend!  I'm so happy all of my beautiful puppies found wonderful new homes.  You see... when I was pregnant, some mean people chained me to a tree in Kentucky, I had my 8 puppies and did my best to take care of them... by the time rescue came for us, 3 of my puppies had suffocated in the mud that we were surrounded in.  They had ventured away from the length of my chain and I was beside myself that couldn't reach them.  I was very sad, but happy to know the rest of my puppies and I were safe.  They were about 3 weeks old when we were rescued.
5 weeks after our rescue, I was told my puppies were going to New York to find some great homes.  I still have milk left from feeding my babies, so I couldn't get spayed in time to go.  If I stayed at the shelter, there were more chances for me to get sick... or even worse, not make it out alive.
Momma lady couldn't stand the thought of that... so Friday afternoon the nice shelter lady told me how great I did keeping my puppies alive and raising them and that she was very proud of me and that I'd find a great place to live in New York.  I was very excited and I loved hearing what a great job I did with my puppies.  I jumped in the van and was ready for my journey to a new life for me and my puppies.
It was a long ride and I wondered if I we were ever going to make it.  But we did and I was greeted by some wonderful volunteers at Homeward Bound.  I watched my puppies get microchips so they would always find their way home if they ever got lost.  I saw super nice people come back to meet them, and then I said goodbye as they went on to their furever homes.  I wished them luck and told them I'd always love them and to enjoy every snuggly second they got with their humans.
I wondered where I would go... was nice shelter lady right?  Would I have a home?  Or would I go back in a cage?  Or tied to another tree?  Well... I knew the answer as soon as I saw Momma Lady.  She was busy doing stuff at the front of the rescue, but I kept my eye on her, because I knew she was mine.  She finally came over and introduced herself... I snuggled right up to her, I knew I was safe.  She told me I would be going to her home and that she would love me forever and eventually, I'd find my perfect home.  So I went home with her when the adoption clinic was over. 
Not to rain on my parade, but they had 13 dogs adopted on Saturday!  Including Corbin's last foster furiend, James.

Anyway, back to me.  So I got into Momma Lady's car and off we went.  She told me that Daddy Dude wasn't home, so she'd have to leave me in the kitchen while she got Corbin.  I thought to myself... what the heck is a Corbin?
That picture pretty much says it all.... I sure found out what a Corbin was!  It was a big, paw flailing, brown Moose. 
So, this is a Corbin, huh?  Momma lady swore he was a dog, but I'm telling YOU... he's a Moose.  And, if any of you were wondering... Yes, Corbin is a boob man.
"Ok, Moose Corbin... I think you've starred at them enough."
The first day was a little scary for me... I didn't want to let Momma Lady out of my sight because I was afraid she wouldn't come back.  But she gave me some wonderful snuggles on the couch and kept Corbin away from my TaTas.  She would often turn to look at me just to find out I had been staring at her... I couldn't help it, I was just so thankful I had a couch to lay on.  And when it came time for bed... I made it pretty clear that I was not going to sleep a wink, or let her or Daddy Dude sleep a wink if I had to stay in my crate.  So finally Momma Lady brought me in the bed room and tried to make me sleep on a bed on the floor... It took about 3 hours, but I finally wore her down by 4am and she let me sleep in the bed right next to her. 
Corbin let me in on his favorite pass time... the window!  I don't find it as interesting as he does, but it's a cool way to see the going ons of my new home.
He's also helping me learn a few things... like Momma Lady doesn't need to be in view 24/7, she's not going anywhere. I even spent part of Sunday and Monday night sleeping on the couch with him. He is also helping me learn that food comes every day twice a day with treats in between. At first, he came over to check out what Momma Lady gave me to eat and I told him to GO AWAY! But, he was right... and this morning I let him take a little piece of my food that fell out of my bowl.
He gives me kisses and keeps telling me that life only gets better from here. I sure do hope he's right.

Thanks for listening to my story.  I'll be hanging out with Corbin, Momma Lady and Daddy Dude for a while because they need to make sure I can't have any more babies before I can get adopted.  Maybe by the time I'm ready to go to a new home, I'll have convinced Momma Lady that this should be my home... it sure is nice and cozy here.

Oh and Corbin would like me to say:
"OMDDDDDDDD THE GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!"

Bye!
Lexie.

30 comments:

  1. Lexie... What a wonderful blog post. You told your story so well and you have given us such a wonderful picture of your life with Corbin. I knew that was a special place, but it seems that Momma Lady and Daddy Dude knew just how to introduce you to your new place. Have a great time getting to know your new surroundings and ask them to let you blog again soon.

    pawhugs and welcome to the blogosphere from

    Max, Bugsy, Knuckles and HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story, so glad she has you now! Go Giants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellooooo Lexie! We are so happy to meet your beautiful self! My momma went all squeeeeee when her saw the foto of you and Corbin at the window. You two are so cute together

    I am so sorry that some human-types treated you so badly in your past, butt I am glad your sweet pups all found a furever home. And YOU have landed in just about the BEST foster house ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an awesome job of taking care of your pups and I am so glad that the rest of them are safe and sound in new homes now! Enjoy your time with Corbin and tell him to lay off your boobies - they aren't going anywhere for awhile so he doesn't need to be all up in them like the world is coming to an end! Oh, and congrats on the Giants going to the super bowl, Corbin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welkhome Lexie!!!

    Mom and I are still smiling 'bout Corbin The Boob Man

    Just sayin'

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Woo are one furry special khanine AND so are all the good humans that got woo to NY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ello Lexie yoo is in a wondyfuls place wivs Corbin n listen wells to him cos hims knows wots wot . Yoo sure nuff wos a great mom tho wee has to say

    Lov
    Izzy, Uji n Ronnii
    xxx xxx xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucked out with such a great foster brother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ello for you Lexie. I was almost gettin leaky eyes readin your story but i am glad it had a very happy endin. We sih you luck wiv findin your furever home. Dont mind Corbin. He may be a moose but he is a moose wiv a big heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet story. You sure are lucky to have landed at Corbin's house, Lexie.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lexie you are a beauty! You are going to have so much fun with Corbin.om days Go Giants!!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lexie, You are one lucky pup but you're going to have to let Corbin know that the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl this time! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are just so adorable and did such a great job with your pups! It is truly my honor to meet you and remember the very impawtant rule...don't chase cats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lexie,
    you're awesome! I hope you have a great time with Corbin, and i'm sure you'll find your furever home much sooner than later :)
    XoXo
    <3
    Jbenz

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had a rough beginning, but now you are in a great place. They will all love you very much and help you find a great forever home with more people who will love you! And I know Corbin will love you and take good care of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WELCOME TO BLOGVILLE LEXIE... I am not ONE BIT surprised to have you say that Corbin is a Boob Man... We have always pretty much KNOWN that about him.. that is why he only wants GIRRRRRRL fosters. Ta Tas are obviously a turn on to him.
    Have fun with Corbin. He is a grrrrreat guy... even if he is kind of a Boob... hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome, Lexie! You're a doll! Enjoy your respite!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! That's so wonderful for Lexie. I'm sure she doesn't mind that Corbin objectifies her a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are so very happy for you, Lexie! You are going to come to love Corbin, just like we do!
    Go Giants!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lexie, you are SOOOOO Most Beautiful! And Corbin's totally right...it just get better and better from here. You are safe and your babies are safe and you are gonna have the BEST LIFE EVER!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    PeeS. I just luved that picture of Corbin kissing you. SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lexie we're so happy for you and your puppies. We know you'll find a forever home and for now, you're all safe and loved. And enjoying what every dog's life should be.

    xXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lexie is so pretty. I am such a softie for mama dogs since our girl is a former breeder dog. I know when the day comes that she is no longer with us our next female rescue will be another mama. What a heartbreaking story, great to see she has the help of you and Corbin to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my what a nice story, I was so sad at first and then I was so happy that your puppies will have forever homes. I bet you and Corbin will have a blast together while you are waiting for your forever home. Corbin, you are very handsome.

    licks and sniffs Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so glad you found a safe home with people who will love, respect and protect you. Corbin's a pretty good little dude too. Just keep workin' on the nice lady and I bet she'll adopt you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lexie, welcome to Corbin's Place:) He is a great pup - and he does like the ladies. We think you might be on to a good thing there - he really needs to have a permanent sister, we think!!! You were such a good mom to your pups, and we are so very happy they found good homes. Sad about the ones who didn't make it, but it sure wasn't your fault. Stupid humans - they so didn't deserve to have you.

    Lots of luck finding your forever home, if you haven't already:)

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an absolute sweetheart! (Also... yay Giants!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a horrible, sad story. So glad somebody came to save you and that you are safe at Corbin's house. I hope all your puppies find wonderful homes. Don't worry Lexie, you are in good hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Lexie... You are so lucky that momma lady and Corbin (the moose) found you. You must be a supersweetheart if you made it up on the bed in your very first night. I'm glad that you have Corbin to teach you about the good life. Don't you worry - Corbin and his family will take care of you... you never will be tied to a tree again. You'll be lounging on couches and beds.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lexi - You sure are one lucky pup to be Corbin's foster sister! Your puppies are beautiful and we're happy they found their forever homes. Don't worry, Corbin will help you find your perfect forever home when it's time. Just enjoy the big guy's kisses while you're there.

    And YAY for James and his new forever home!

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Lexie, you are so precious. You scored big on finding a good foster home. Life is good, eh

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  30. this post went from sweet to sad back to sweet again. i love that picture of corbin kissing lexie. i hope everything works out for her.

    ReplyDelete