Wednesday, September 21, 2011

K9 Kamp!

OK, so I signed mom and me up for Peggy and Khol's K9 Kamp... then I went MIA from the blogworld... So, now... I'M BACK!  And I'm updating everyone on what's been going on with the Kamp.

Last week our challenge was to do 60 minutes of walking.  We normally do a 20 minute walk around our neighborhood every night.  So this time we decided to take our stroll elsewhere two nights and do 2 30 minute walks.  Let me tell you something... that extra 10 minutes was killer for my mom! BOL!  You see... every morning she hits her alarm clock like 87 times before she gets out of bed... well, about 10 minutes before she absolutely HAS to get out of bed, I wake her up... silly to sleep an extra 10 minutes and I'm hungry.  Mom gets made every morning and usually says "CORBIN! I need that 10 minutes of sleep!" 

Come on, old lady... no time for breaks.
So needless to say, when I told mom that she had to walk for an extra 10 minutes, after missing her beloved last 10 minutes of sleep, she wasn't too thrilled... BUT! She did it!


This week challange was to go play fetch!  Well, if you don't know, fetch is my most favorite thing ever!  I love to play fetch and dad and I ususally play for a while when he gets home from work, so I'm totally conditioned for this challange!  Mom on the othe hand... well, the last time she "ran" was when there was a spider in the bathroom and she ran screaming through the house.  Needless to say, it was a very short distance.  So, I told mom that she had to try to race me to my ball.  But, BOY was she in for a surprise!  Of course, I beat her to the ball every time... I have mad awesome fast running skills.  And to make this challenge even harder for my mom, I ran back to where we started, so she had to make TWO trips across the yard for each throw! HAHA take that mom.  I run this challenge!
HAHA mom... I'm working you DOUBLE time!

We did this 3 times this week for 20 minutes each.  Hehe, momma's legs where hurting!  At one point, I thought she was going to lay in the flower bed and take a nap.  But, I kept her moving.

I asked dad if he would take pictures for next weeks challenge... I think you all should see my mom trying to work at this stuff! BOL!  It's great.  I'm really enjoying the Kamp... and now that the busy part of my month is done with, I should be able to blog about it every week!

19 comments:

  1. Your mom and I are a lot alike. I value my sleep too. Shiver thinks I shouldn't sleep in & he'll wake me up if I've slept in longer than he wants me to.

    I'm not a runner either. But I would TOTALLY run from a spider! lol

    I'm glad you're enjoying your K9 Kamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Woof! That's GREAT! Keep it up. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job at keeping the Mom on her toes (or feet). We are not fetchers, we just don't understand why the humans throw the ball away if they just want it back again:)

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corbin,

    YaY fur you and momma Jenn! :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to make your mom work extra hard Corbin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Corbin!
    Wow, great exercise plan for your mom! She'll thank you once she's all in tip-top shape and all buff! Then watch out...she might beat you to the ball! BOL I definitely want to see pix!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  7. How could your MOM even THINK of rest when there is SO MUCH TO DO????
    You make her work, drill sergeant Corbin.
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are really giving your mom a great workout, Corbin! She'll be thanking you one day soon!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Corbin! I get my mom up so early and still she is too lazy to walkies most mornings, but I totally like that tag team fetch thing. I am going to try it with her. Hehehe.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet that your mom's legs were sore! That's a very tough workout that you're already used to. I'd love to see the photos of the two of you fetching together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bwaaaa ha ha! I knew your mom wasn't going to stand a chance against you!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha...I'd like to see my mom fetch a ball!
    Good job Corbin!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and I have got a lot in common Corbin. I like to sit right on the Mama's chest when I am ready to be served my breakfast. Of course, I am significantly smaller than you, so I'm not sure if I recommend you trying this tactic as well, eh? We think it's really cool that you made your Mom race across the yard twie each time! You are a PAWESOME! personal trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep up the great workout for your mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed reading your challenge update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go Corbin! You're doing a great job. And, tell your Mom I'm sorry she has to try and keep up with you, bol. Kelly is working me pretty hard too. Good luck with the next one and take it easy on Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Corbin,

    Come see me, I gave you an award today!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha Mom says WE are her exercise, too! Good job Corbin!

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete