Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy March Eve!!!!!!!!

It's mom's favorite holiday.  This year marks the 5th year of celebrating it!  You see, this is how it all started, so I'm told.  5 years ago, mom and her friends all did different things for the real New Years and they weren't able to spend it together.  So momma and Aunt Miss Katie decided they would welcome in the first month that landed on a weekend.  It happened to be a leap year also, so it was February 29th that was on a Friday.  There they celebrated the first March Eve in 2008.  I wasn't around then, but I hear it was a pretty rocking time.  Mom threw another party in 2009 and then the last party was in 2010 at my house.  But things didn't go as planned and we haven't had a party since.  BUT, hasn't stopped mom and Aunt Miss Katie from celebrating!  Although, a bad snow storm might ruin their plans tonight... No worries, I'll help mom celebrate!  Oh, and my girls are over visiting for the week... we'll have a great time!
Did you remember the cheeto's, mom?

I still can't do much any playing with my girls, but they understand.  Well, mostly.  Bethany understands for about a minute, then completely forgets.  She has a short term memory problem, I think, hehe.  I do love my girls though.

19 comments:

  1. Awwwwww that is such a cool drool pic of you and your special wimmen.

    Hope you are feelin a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PeeS... Hope the snow doesn't stop the Fun... in its tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Corbin! I just started following your blog. I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling so hot. I hope that the second round of steroids does the trick! I have been on restricted movement for the past month due to a leg injury. I'm starting to feel better, tho, and I hope you do too...ASAP!

    Hope your mom has a fun celebration. .

    XO,
    Lulu

    Pee.S. You are quite handsome! [blush]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that tradition...it sounds a bit 'How I Met Your Mother'-ish. And LOVE that photo of you with the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely fun tradition your mum has. The people say this time of year gets a bit boring..... it's just kind of waiting around for the Easter Bunny now. So any excuse for a party.

    You and your girls look like you might be ready to burst into song. You could be a wow on 'The Woof Factor'!

    Take care. I'm thinking of you even though I've not been too hot on visiting all my friends as often as I would have liked.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you are looking awake Corbin - we were beginning to wonder if you had a sleeping sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a HUGE celebration. Sounds like fun. Happy March Eve.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    Be careful, Corbin, because in Leap Year, those girls can ASK you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy March Eve, Corbin! Have fun celebrating!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Corbin, I have just been catching up with your blog. I have thought about you and worried for you, but been a little sick myself so I missed soem of your posts.

    I am glad you seem to be doing better, but don't play too hard this week with your gal pals. I have been confined to my room for a week now too and I know what it is to go a little bit crazy from the "no Movement"

    I hope this next round of meds clears everything up for you.

    bert

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Corbin, we're glad you had a good celebration on March Eve. It sounds like a great tradition in your family. You are looking fab, Studly. Take it easy though. Love the last photo. You are one cool dude! No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad to see you awake and looking happy, Corbin! We know that you love your girls, and they love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a fun day to celebrate thats for sure
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Corbin, I am glad you were able to have some company. I keep hoping and hoping that you are better and soon you will be.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Corbin! Are you feeling any better yet? We were under the impression the photo was from 'the files' - as in, not current. If it is current, then you're looking like you feel much better. Happy March Eve!

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a great picture of you and the gals! I think your mom's tradition sounds like a lot of fun. We need a mid-Spring pick-me-up celebration - it should become a national holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Corbin, we're prayin' for a speediest recovery!

    Licks,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your Mom was able to celebrate! Your girls are beautiful :)
    Wags,
    Maddy and Owen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I ope you had a great pawty my pal. Appy March!

    ReplyDelete