Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rescue Me Week: Godiva

So, my good furiend Mayzie is doing a great thing, she's having a "Rescue Me" week!  She's asking all of her furiends to post about an adoptable dog to raise awareness for homeless pets!  Well, Mayzie... I think this is AWESOME!  And what's even better?  Mayzie is going to randomly pick FIVE furiends that blogged about adoptable dogs and donate $100 (ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!) to each of her FIVE furiends favorite rescues!  Holy crap, this is great!

So, since I don't have a foster sister right now, I'm going to tell you about a few dogs this week that are in Homeward Bound's program.

First up?  Godiva.

Now, Godiva will be coming to stay with me until she gets adopted -that is, if she's not adopted on Saturday!  Check out this beautiful face!
Godiva was found outside of an Indian Reservation about 3 hours north of my home - almost into Canada!  You see, inside the Reservation... there's little to no spay or neutering going on, which creates a lot of dogs roaming around.  Once they wonder outside of the Reservation, they get scooped up by the Dog Napper... and he brings them to the shelter - once the shelter is full... they euthanize. *Warning, the next sentence is not very nice* Most of the time, the dogs just get shot in the head.  So Homeward Bound works with a rescue up there called Precious Pups.  Lisa, who runs Precious Pups, pulls as many dogs as she can and her and her husband keep them at their house until they can find rescue for them.  Our rescue tries to take dogs from Lisa as often as possible, which is usually about once a month.
Godiva is a 10 month old chocolate lab mix and a joy to be around.  She's a typical puppy with typical lab energy and loves to play.  She gets along great with other dogs and loves every person she has the chance to meet. 
I'm super excited for Godiva.  I just know it won't take long for her beautiful face to find a wonderful forever home.  It blows my mind that dogs this beautiful -and handsome for the dudes- are euthanized every day.  I'm glad to be the middle person that helps them on their way to a great forever life.  You can see Godiva's Petfinder page HERE.

Lord knows how appreciative I am that someone stepped up and invited me into their house so I could avoid that needle in that cold dark room... I'm so glad I get to share my second chance giving second chances to others.  If you missed my post yesterday, please go check out the guest blog I did over at Love and a Six-Foot Leash.  It's all about fostering, how much I enjoy it and why you should consider doing it also.  They're doing more guest posts by blogs that foster, so make sure you keep checking out their blog!!!

15 comments:

  1. Awesome post Corbin! We just had a transport that brought 45 dogs up from a high kill shelter in CA. 2 moms with babies. One had 4 babies and Monica has 9 that are only about 1 week old. So happy for you and for fostering!! Godiva is beautiful so should find her forever home soon.
    Tailwags
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corbin,

    Godiva sure is a cutie! Mom and me is so happy dat Miss Lisa found Godiva and dat now she is safe. Paws is crossed fur her too.

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    PeeS I blogged about Grizzly yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's kind of overwhelming to think about all the homeless animals, but thankfully, there are wonderful people like your mom who help to save as many as possible. Good luck to Godiva. I'm going to go read your guest post now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love her name! Of course she will get adopted. It blows Lincoln and my mind too that people get rid of great dogs! Good luck Godvia!

    Muah,

    Minnie Moo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It saddens us that dogs aren't desexed and keep having puppies who will die, or be killed. We're glad there are such wonderful people (and foster brothers) like you who help as many as possible get new homes.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is lovely, like fine milk chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wonderful thing for Mayzie to do! I hope lots of doggies gets adopted by her doing this. Her mama is very thoughtful and generous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Godiva is so pretty, we hope she finds a furry awesome home!

    Brandon's Raiser

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to hear more about Godiva when she's with you!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Godiva looks yummy ;)

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Godiva, you have the sweetest face and the most shiniest chocolate furs. They sure did name you right! I'm awfully glad Miss Lisa rescued you from What Could Have Been and gave you a chance at living the good life! My paws are crossed real tight that your furever family comes along soon!

    Oh, and thank you, thank you, Corbin for telling us all abouts this Most Wonderful girl!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Godiva is so beautiful, she reminds me the lovely yummy chocolate too.

    Hope two of you have a lovely time playing together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great name for that beautiful, chocolatey, girl! Bet you two will have tons of fun if she doesn't get adopted immediately! So thankful for people like Lisa and Precious Pups and Homeward Bound and YOU who help save pups like this! Good job Corbin!

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete