Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mr. Tater...

So... yesterday was a very sad day for my momma.  You see... mom used to ride horses all the time and I know I introduced you to Kahlua last year, who is mom's favoritest horse ever.  And when Kahlua got hurt and couldn't be riden anymore, mom kind of slacked off in the riding department, but still remained close with the horses owned by her friend Tamara.  Although these horses are in no way my mom's horses, she loves them just the same.
Well, yesterday... Mr. Tater had to make his trip to the rainbow bridge... Tater was only 8 but had many years of colic issues and yesterday the colic monster wouldn't give up. 
Mr. Tater was a retired racehorse and his dad was the famous Tiznow.  He was loved by all who knew him and will be greatly missed.  Run free in heaven, Mr. Tater.  My mom loves you.


Also, I'd like to highlight a few things some of my furiends are doing for their communties....

It's my dear furiend, Roo's, birthday!  He's going to donate $0.50 for every comment left on his blog for his birthday to the shelter he came from, The Humane Society of Sarasota County!  Today is the last day - sorry I didn't make it in time to tell you yesterday, when he raised $32!  So, swing over to Roo and wish him a Happy Birthday/Gotcha Day!!!
Happy Birthday Buddy!!!!!

My furiend Mayzie is honoring her Grampa J by hosting an "Adopt Me" week!  She will be giving away $100 to the rescue of choice for FIVE of her furiends!  Go over to her blog and check out all of the details.  We sure can't wait to take part in this one!
A wonderful and generous thing, Mayzie!!!

And, last, but most certainly not least... LEVI!  You see, my furiend Levi is a foster dog living with my furiends Mr. B and Ms. M from Two Pitties in the City.  Levi was raised by Superhero's and just recently found out that he has a congential eye condition that will effect his vision in the near future if it's not corrected.  So, Two Pitties in the City are raising money for Levi's surgery by having a bunch of great stuff up for raffle and a great t-shirt to show your support!  Go check them out and do what you can to help Levi!!!
We support you, Levi!!!

22 comments:

  1. Hey Corbin.
    Wow, I am so sorry to hear about Mr. Tater. One more angel across the bridge. Much love to your Mom while she is sad. I'll be sure these events are all up on the new calendar!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad that Mr Tater has gone so young.

    Tell your mum we are all thinking about her.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sad about Tater...
    Thanks so much for spreading the word about SuperLevi! We're about half way there, so hopefully we can raise the funds to help him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm awfully sorry abouts Mr. Tater. It's always so hard to say goodbye but I'm sure he's running and jumping and not having to ever worry abouts that dumb Colic Monster again.

    And thank you, thank you for telling everybuddy abouts Rescue Me Week - and Roo's Gotcha Day Commentathon and cute little Levi's FUN-raiser. You're a very, very good furend and I just think you're the BEST!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about Mr. Tater passing over the rainbow bridge. I'm at work so I can't do it right now but I'll try my bestest to remember to light a candle for him tonight. He was a beautiful horse.

    I don't know Roo but I'm headed over to say hello now. It's for a great cause so ya can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad about Tater...but we've heard how painful colic is in horses.

    We'll go see Roo now.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Corbin, sending your mum hugs cause we are very sorry to hear about Mr Tater. He looked beautiful. Love Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sorry to hear about Mr. Tater. so young too.

    Lots of good things happening in Blogville. Hoping for success for all.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Run FAST and FREE Mr. Tater.... I am sure that you will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're so sorry to hear about Mr. Tater. He sure was a handsome horse.

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very sorry to hear about Mr. Tater. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Corbin,

    Mom and me is so sorry to hear 'bouts Mr. Tater. Eight years old is much too young fur a horse to cross da bridge. Give your sweet momma some extra luvins tonight from us.

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're very sorry to hear about Tater! Eight is very young for a horse, and we're so very sad for everybody who loved him. *gentle Greyhound lean*

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just came back to let you know I didn't furget and I have a candle lit now for Mr. Tater.

    I furgots to mention it earlier but I love your new header pic, you look so very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear about Mr.Tater, he was beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks fo all the info, were gonna check em out! And please give your mom a good snuggle from us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy b'lated B'day Roo! I loves spaghetti and helium ballons...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry about the passing of Mr. Tater, he was so beautiful.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hugs to you and your Mom pal. Run free Mr. Tater!

    Thanks for sending folks over for my celebration. We raised about $50 total! This will help a lot of doggies and kittehs :)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry to hear about Mr. Tater. He was a very handsome boy! Bet he was a beauty to watch when he ran! Sorry the colic wouldn't leave him alone.

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so sorry to hear about Tater. Please try to comfort your mom and her friend... I'm sure that their hearts are broken.

    ReplyDelete