Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Meet Amelia

With Diva Serena adopted, it left my house open for another foster kid!  So, the momma brought home a little girl named Amelia.

Meet Amelia.
 
Now, I know Serena was beautiful in her own fluffy way... but Amelia?  Oh, come on!  The Corbin is in loooooooove.  The momma said I'm just a breed snob, but I can't help it if I didn't care for all that fluffy whiteness on my tongue!  Serena and I got along good enough, but I looooooove Amelia.  Like love her, love her. 
I. Love. Her. Blockyheaded. Smoochie. Face.
 
1 very smitten Corbin.
 
Now, I do have my work cut out for me with my dearest Amelia.  She seems to be about my age, maybe a tad bit younger, 2-3 years old maybe.  But, my little love muffin is a little nervous, scared and sometimes fearful being in the house.  It took us all weekend to get her all good and comfy coming in and out of the house because doorways were a bit scary for her.  However, I think getting that accomplished in less than 48 hours is a HUGE step for her!  She hesitates a little, still, but she's so smart and learning to trust the momma and the dad, which makes it easier for me to teach her things because they get to help. 
 
She smoochies my dad.
 
Amelia believes that a big scary monster lives in the hallway.  I told her that's not the case in my house, but she just doesn't believe me.  So, I told the momma to get out lots of yummy treats so we can lure her into the hallway where she can see for herself that no monsters exist!  Can you believe that no amounts of cheeses, peanut butters or chickens will get her down that hallway?!  It just may take a bit longer than the doorway, but we're up for the challenge!  Until then, she's very happy on the couch.
 
Can you believe I have another couch loving foster sister?!
 
Aside from Lady A's household fears, she's a super wonderful gal.  She really loves the momma and the dad, and of course, the Corbin.  She plays in the back yard and she's slowly getting over another fear she has of the leash and walkies.  I'm amazed at how well she has done in such a short period of time, I just know I'll win her trust and have her prancing around like she owns the place in no time! 
 
Loves the Corbin.
 
We don't know much about Amelia's past... she's been at the shelter for a long time, and was adopted out at one point but returned because she got into the trash.  She hasn't shown any interest in the trash and we think the people who adopted her just weren't up for the challenge of making her comfortable in the house.  Either way, her time was up at the shelter and so many people cared about her they made lots of phone calls and landed the momma's number.  Now, the momma had been talking to a family who met Serena last week, so she was pretty sure Serena would have her forever home, so she took the risk and said Yes to Amelia.  I mean, how to you say no to that adorable face?!  Amelia came all the way from Kentucky as a last minute add on to a transport already headed to us.  Lots of people came together to make sure Amelia was safe, and we sure know why.  She's a little love bugger!
 
"Who, me?"
 
Amelia's ears seem to have been cropped in at at home attempt with scissors.  They're uneven and jagged, but she doesn't seem to mind them getting massages.  She's super snuggly and really loves her place on my couch.  We're not concentrating on what we don't know about her past, instead, we're moving forward with what we do know about her future.  She's safe, loved, smart and slowly trusting that this life is all it should be.... wonderful.

24 comments:

  1. Amelia is adorable, I can tell that you are one head over hells in love doggie Corbin!
    It is so nice to have new furiends to play with and it looks like Amelia is the perfect playmate!
    Love, licks and Hugs from Frank xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like such a sweetie. I wonder if someone was going to use her as a fighting dog.....we heard they crop ear for that reason. A totally disgusting and cruel thing to do..both the fighting and ear cropping. Thankfully she is safe with you now.....is it perhaps the floor surface in the hall bothering her ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia looks like a super sweetie. I look forward to hearing about how she overcomes her fears. I know being with the confident Corbin will help her. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A special thank you for what you guys do for these poor dogs. You're preparing them for a very happy life with a family of their own. Doesn't get much better than that.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amelia really IS a stunner fur SURE. You will have her being as BRAVE as You are... in No time.

    PeeS... please shoot an email to me at my NEW addy..
    I lost all my contacts in the switch over.

    frankiefurterprice(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little southern Belle looks pretty darn cute, Corby, I can see why you are so smitten. I keep scrolling back to the smitten picture because it's just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Corbin, I don't blame you for being smitten! Amelia is GAWJUSS!! You're going to have her completely comfortable and ready for a furever home in no time flat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww...welcome to your foster family, Amelia! They are just the BEST! You sure are cute and it looks like you won Corbin over in no time at all. Now, here's the thing...I used to be just like you in the house. I know it's kinda skeery right now but trust me when I bark that being in a house is PAWSOME! With all those nommy treats and lovin's from your foster family, you'll be running around like you own the place in no time!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amelia is a very nice-looking girl, ears and all. We know she has found the best foster home to help her overcome her fears.

    And Corbin, we must admit to being breed snobs too - Mom says it is just because we are able to read our own breed best.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amelia is a beauty! She sure is lucky to have landed at your home. I'm sure you and your mom will teach her all she needs to know to be comfortable in any home.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your luv bug Amelia, Corbin. My mum just recently took in a foster poodle. She is 14 years old and has really bad cataracts. Her former peeps had had her since she was a pup, but were getting a divorces, so, of course, April had to go---grrrrrr. The previous owners said she was completely housbroken, but mum and I don't think so, cos she pees and poops all over the place (even when she has just been out for a walk with me). Mum says she will be with us till she goes to the rainbow bridge, which is fine with me. I let her sleep on my bed and I share my toys with her. Fostering is great, isn't it Corbin!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is gorgeous! Glad the Corbin and your mama are taking care of her and will help her find a great home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for Amelia that she is safe and loved with you and your family, Corbin. You will help her overcome her fears in no time.

    Susan and Wrigs

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is gorgeous! :) So glad you are going to teach her about not being so scared of stuff, Corbin!

    Emily @ Our Waldo Bungie
    www.ourwaldobungie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is really quite beautiful! I am sorry about her ears - and her fears...but I just know with some more love from you and the peeps, she'll learn to trust that not everything in life is a threat and she will thrive with you! Hope her new home comes soon - but then again, I'm sure you won't mind showing her the ropes and hanging with her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor Amelia...what a sad start but she's so lucky to be with you now Corbin...I know with your love and care Amelia is gonna be just fine and find herself a wonderful home

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amelia looks so happy. Kudos to you guys for always helping out these pups
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  18. Home cropping...any cropping, but with scissors, no wonder she's such a frightened girl! We know she'll be snuggling on that sofa like Sophie soon. We're so happy she's found a safe, loving home--even if it's just to get her ready for a forever family.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  19. We know that with your help and the help of your mom and dad, Amelia can conquer anything, Corbin! She sure is a cute girl!

    Love ya lots
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is very nice to meet you Amelia, I am Sasha. You have a wonderful home now, but I do understand it may take you a little time to adjust. Corbin, she is beautiful. I know you will make her feel right at home.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Her poor ears :( BUT she is still beautiful

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Corbin's in love, Corbin's in love!!!

    -Bart, Ruby and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  23. There is no shame in being a breed snob...

    Siberians are that way too!

    Amelia is a beaWOOty!!!

    Hugz&Khysses
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a pretty girl! And, it sounds like she's doing really well learning new things. I know Corbin will help her with that!

    ReplyDelete