Friday, April 26, 2013

Foster Friday: Amelia Honey Bee

Can you believe foster mommy has kept me and the Corbin from our bloggin' rights?! 
For OVER a week?! 
 
Well, she has.  But, no longer, I say!  Since it's Friday, the Corbin said I could blog for my Foster Friday, so I'm here!  It's me, Amelia Honey Bee!  See that?  I even gots my own nickyname!  And there is SO much to get you caught up on.
 
Last weekend foster mommy took me for a walkie with some friends at a local park!  I got to look super awesome in my Little Bow Pup tutu!  And, foster mommy got me an Adopt Me vest to wear too! And, of course, I had on my beautiful Sirius Republic Adopt Me collar! My tutu attracted lots of attentions, and my Adopt Me vest and collar got people asking questions about my adoptions! Some people even stopped us on our walkie to take my picture!
 
After our walkie, I got to go for ice cream!  But, foster mommy done broke her phone Saturday, so no pictures of my ice creams.  It was a place right by the park and the building looked kind of like a barn and as much as foster mommy tried, even for ice creams, I wouldn't go ANYWHERE near it!  Nope, no thank you.  So, foster mommy said it was okay, and I got to eat my ice creams by a picnic table.  It sure was good!
 
Ice creams heaven!
 
I've been learning about walking on a leash without dragging foster mommy every where, so she's tried a few different harnesses on me.  Doncha know I manage to wiggle my way out of ALL of them so far????  Yep, I do.  I'm super smart.  AND last night, foster mommy took the Corbin for a walkie around the neighborhood, then she came home and took ME for a walkie since I need some more trainings before I can walk with Corbin.
 
I'm going to practice real hard
so I can walkie with the Corbin!
 
We stopped to chit chat with our neighbors and I wiggled and giggled for some lovin's.  Then I plopped down next to foster mommy for a snooze while she gabbed on and on.  BUT!  I decided to wake up and RUN!  And when I did that, my leash got wrapped up around foster mommy's leggie and CAAAA-BOOM!  Down she went.  Don't worry, she's just fine and I'm pretty sure it was her dramatic way of getting on the ground for my smoochies and snuggles!
 
Right?  Who wouldn't want my smoochies and snuggles?!
 
Foster mommy got a whole bunch of new harnesses to try but my walkie skills are getting a little better so hopefully no more "mishaps" as foster mommy calls them.  There was also a treat/pocket "mishap" during our walkie last night and I got LOADS of treats for doing a whole bunch of nothing!  SCORE!
 
Nommy treats for being adorable!
 
Tomorrow, I get to go with my friend Diggy Wiggles, who is also an adoptable pitty, to a Bark for Life Walkie which supports research for cancers!  I get to skip the adoption clinic to go to the walk and I'm super excited!  I'll be decked out in all of my awesome Pay Attention To Me Adopt Me gear.  Maybe my forever family will be walking for the same cause and find me!

14 comments:

  1. Amelia, you are adorable! You should suggest to foster mama that she use a backup leash on a martingale collar just in case you wiggle out of a harness again. She can even use a leash coupler so she doesn't have to worry about 2 leashes wrapping around her kegs whenever you decide it's time for mid-walk snuggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia, you didn't get treats for doing nothing, you got them for BEING YOU! That's a HARD trick that NO other dog in the whole world can do, so you DEFINITELY deserved a pocket full of treats for it!!

    So, have the peeps admitted that you're not going anywhere yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sarah - when I first got Blueberry I used a Martingale on her just to get her used to being walked and so she couldn't wiggle free. After she got used to walks, that's when I was able to switch over to harnesses with her. Just a thought. :)

    Amelia, you are one cute doggy! Loved hearing about your rather eventful week! Also, way to score on all those treats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelia Honey Bee... what a cute nickname! I'm sure in no time you'll be going on walkies with the Corbin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute in your tutu! I don't know how anyone could resit your charms and I'm sure you will be adopted in no time.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are precious! You look beautiful in your tutu. Thank goodness mom is letting you blog again
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are totally all kinds of cutes! Everyone would want some of your smooches. Great job scoring that stash of treats, and I think it's the peeps who need to learn to walkie, not us. BOL Sounds like you had some delish ice creams!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  8. We know what it's like on walks and there's just so much to look at. You sort of forget what THEY want you to do. You look so cute snuggled up.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amelia, you are lookin' good in that tutu! It sounds like I guessed correctly on that FB question you had the other day! What an eventful walk you had!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so hard to stay calm when there is a WALK involved!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, Amelia...You'd better do good walkies soon so you can walk with Corbin because I'm thinkin' you're going to get adopted soon. You are super irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great in a tutu

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lookin super fine in your tutu my pal....you will haz a furever home purrty soon I fink

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing beats walking with the pack, so you practice your leash manners and you'll be strutting around with Corbin in no time.

    I think your adopt me outfit is beautiful.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete