Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Fun!

So, I was super excited about attending the Picnic in the Bark this weekend!  I can usually see and comment on bloggies from my momma's phone, but not this time!  I could see some blogs, but not all of them... and I couldn't comment on ANY of them!  It was a major bummer... but know that I'm catching up on everything today and that I was there in spirit!!!!!!!  I'll share some of my wallymellon and bobbin' for tube steak out takes this week!

Today, I'll tell you about my weekend!  Remember at the beginning of the month when I had the sickies for my 2nd birthday??? And I couldn't go to the lake?  Well, the following weekend it RAINED all weekend, so I couldn't go to the lake then either... PLUS it's this thing called Americade where all those 2 wheeled bike thingies that doggies can't go on go up to Lake George and have a big to-do.  Mom was afraid all those loud bikers would scare me... but it rained so I didn't even get the chance!  Anywho... It's all been made up for!

Ahhh... finally!
Aw, geez.... who threw my ball in the water?!
Don't worry, ball... I will bring you back to safety.
Much easier to chew my ball on the boat!
But, I did keep throwing my ball and other toys in the water and made Dad go get it - BOL!  I'd throw it in and look at him and say "but, Dad, I don't have my life jacket on... you have to go get it".
Dad...........  hello!!!!!!!!!!  My toy!
Finally he got fed up and put my jacket back on...
Don't worry Dad... I saved this one.
Wanna hear a funny story????  Well, how about two funny stories?  I'll start with one that some of you might have heard before.  Last year was my first year on the boat and usually mom takes my life jacket off when we anchor the boat so I don't get too hot, then we just put it on when I go in the water.  Well, Mom and Dad were goofin' around on the boat and my dad's beer beverage fell in the water.  So Dad jumped in to get it.  Well Mom was giggling and then out of the corner of her eye she sees something brown going off the boat... Yep, it was ME!  Now, this was my first time in the water... and I didn't have my life jacket on because my mom never thought I'd jump in!  But I did!  I had to save my dad!  Anyway, it was a little scary and kind of cold, but I survived and got back on the boat.  Since then, I haven't once jumped in the water without my jacket on.  And even with my jacket on, the only time I jump in the water is at a certain bay where I know Mom and Dad can touch...

So, funny story #2... There were a bunch of boats tied up when we got to the bay... and we were next to Mom and Dad's friends Megan and Joe, and next to them was Grandpa Jack and next to him were about 3 more boats.  So, Joe kept going in the water and I would get a little nervous and I thought about going in, but I don't know Joe all that well... so I let him swim unattended while I kept a watchful eye.  Then Dad mentioned to Mom that I should put my jacket on because Dad was going to go in the water soon.  So Mom said okay and went to grab my jacket... then Grandpaw Jack jumped in the water and in I went to save him!  No time for a life jacket!  I couldn't let Grandpaw Jack drown!!!  Mom started yelling for Dad and was laughing pretty hard.  When I got back on the boat she told me that Grandpaw jack was swimming, just like I did when I got in the water... and that he was safe and knew how to swim and there was no reason to save him.  Hey... you have to be sure right?  I was just making sure he was okay.  Sorry... no pictures of this though - Mom was way too busy having a heart attack.

Then we went over to hang out at the Town Docks were Grandpaw Jack was...  I knew that there was an ice cream shop across the street, so I kept looking that way hoping Mom and Dad would catch on that I wanted ice cream... well, they were too stupid to understand what I was saying, but Grandpaw Jack knew what I wanted!
Uh, excuse me Dad... that ice cream is for me.
YUM!
Mom... take notes.  I like ice cream.
Heaven!
Then it got dark, and I had to keep an eye out for intruders
on Grandpaw Jack's boat... Avery was helping me here.
Mom, this is not the right time for a photo... I have work to do.
I'll share some more pictures with you later in the week!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and that everyone enjoyed the Picnic in the Bark!!!

23 comments:

  1. Hi Corbin
    What a fun weekend you had - and all that saving you had to do!!!!! Luckily you are super strong and can handle all of that.
    Good job on watching the boat, too.
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hoomans is so lucky to has you with your life saving skills and all. Glad to see you still had funs even with the serious bizziness of keeping the hoomans and your toys safe. And ice cream afterwards? Drool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Corbin! What a fun weekend you had!! Worth waiting for, we'd say. It's important to have a specific job when boating. Clearly you're the life GUARD! And you only charge a few licks of ice creaem. Pawsome!

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you got to go out on the boat!
    Are you sure you are not part Newfie with all that water rescue stuff in your blood?? I think you could teach Sherman and Leroy a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure have some great adventures! Your lifesaving skills are great! Just remember, sometimes water is really cold and could "shock" you when you jump in, so it's always a good idea to have your vest on! I know it's hard when you get in rescue mode, but safety first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing your boat stories, and getting an insider's glimpse of what you do in your town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you don't need the life jacket at all! You can swim perfectly fine. You are so sweet for being so caring for your pop & grand-pops. MMM I bet that ice cream tasted like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like an awesome weekend to me! I have a life jacket, now if I could just get a chance to go swimming and really try it out. Did Oreo go with you? I saw Bethany and her sister there! I'm glad you were looking out for Grandpa Jack! You never know about those humans!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the stories and loved the pictures too... Have a great day.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you got to have a fun weekend after all those delays.

    You did a great job there. You're a proper water hero.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. corbin. we've gotta get a boat down here. your parents are making our dogs jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stories, corbin. You're just a natural Life Saver. It was worth the wait to get to the lake and Grandpaw Jack is definitely someone to keep safe!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun adventure you had this weekend, Corbin and we are so happy to see that you got treated to ice cream! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  14. We missed you this weekend, but it look you had lots of fun! You got ice cream!!!! I am so jealous.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  15. I DID miss Barkin with you during the Picnic... BUTT... as long as you get to see and do the stuffs.. even a bit late... it will be worth it fur you... I'm just sayin buddy!! I can't wait to see your Out Takes ... this picnic just keeps goin and goin like that Energy Bunny thingy.
    Well now... fur SURE you simply HAD to go in BOTH times with out your life vest... EMERGENCIES require... ACTION... A C T I O N you did the Right thingy... in BOTH situations. You NEED your DAD and Grandpa!! and at those times... THEY NEEDED YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Corbin, these stories are so funny and so well told! We are very jealous of your boating adventures! Thanks for sharing!

    www.twogradstudentsanadapittie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Corbins!!!

    What a fun weekend you had! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great weekend Corbin...love the boating adventures
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can I send my Eva over there to get some swimming crash courses from you? She needs a good coach.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, Corbin, we can sure understand why you didn't make it to the picnic! You were too busy saving and protecting the silly humans! You must've been totally pooped from all that work! At least they got you some yummy ice cream. We love ice cream, too! Hey, love your collar :)

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you had a great time out on the boat and enjoyed your ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic fantastic weekend! I will never jump in even when dad gets into the water...u gotta teach me how you do that

    ReplyDelete