Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bark at the Park 2011!

So, last night was Bark at the Bark for the Valley Cats, our local minor league baseball team!  This year, Mom and Heather set up a table for Homeward Bound and I got to go on the field!!!!
Are we there yet, Heather?
Hello, I'm Corbin, CGC, Rescue dog. Would you like some water?
How about information on adoption? Free pen?  Dog cookie?
Smooch from me or Emmett??? hehehehe
What?  They want ME to go out on the field
to show off my tricks?! SWEET!
Did you hear that Miss. Rachel??? I'm going out on the field!
Rachel: Ok, Corbin!  Let's practice!  Give me High Five!
Corbin:  Real professionals don't need practice.
Oh geez... look at all these people.  I should have practiced.
I got to talk into the microphone when I was asked if I was ready!
What, Mom?  Did you say something?
Five what?  Look at all these people!
Hi, I'm Corbin everyone!
Hey, look at that dog!
What, Mom???  Are you still talking?
Hehe, so whatcha think???  Do you think I did the high five????  Or do you think I completely blew Mom off?  Maybe I'll tell ya later in the week ;-)
Holy Crap!  That dog can FLY!
Hey, throw me the ball!
Why are we leaving the field?  Did I win???
I didn't win... I lost to the white flying through hulahoops dog.  I'll have to learn some new awesome tricks for next year!  Ah well, the night goes on!
Levi came too!
Hey buddy, how about a beer?
Random lady took our picture with the extremely large cat.
She cut the cat's head of... BOL!
That's me and mom and Heather and Emmett!
There were CLOWNS too!
Frankie???? Is that YOU?!?!?!?!
Emmett and Rachel manning the booth!
Emmett... that's my dad.
As the night was winding down...
I saw something fly past me out of the corner of my eye...
Wait a minute... is that a mini red headed greyhound?!
PUDDLES?!?!?!?!
But, where's your laundry basket?
Didn't even stop to say hi....
Most commen statements all night:
"How HANDSOME!"  Yes, yes we are.
"Are they brothers?"  Brothas from anotha motha!
"Can we adopt them?" Well, mom did hold out on dinner... maybe! Whatcha got to offer me???
"So well behaved!" Unless you ask for a high five.
Time for a nap after all that excitment!
Later dudesssssssss!

23 comments:

  1. Take me out to the BALLGAME Corbin! What fun!!! I bet you did the high five. It is so noisy in those stadiums I am sure that is why you didn't hear mom at first.
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the pawfect spokes-dog for your rescue, Corbin! And yeah, you're pretty handsome!

    Rottie Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys were so lucky to get to go out for that awesome adventure! Thanks for sharing the pictures. and yes, we think you did high five!

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    PeeS: and yes, you are handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man oh man, what a wonderful day! You sure worked hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look so fun! You were a real celebrity out on that field.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD....that did look like a Frankie dog!! And a short legged Greyhound, uh Puddles, too.

    What a pawsome time!!! I am sooooooo impressed that you gots to go out on da baseball field and everything!! Way to go, Corbin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking you were a tad bit distracted when you got on the field. Looks like you had a great time though and did wonders for the cause ! Well done big dude!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a great time. Sorry you didn't win the trick contest, you can always get them next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forget those stupid tricks. You should get a prize just for being so handsome and totally cool!

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    P.S. Hey! You have a pinchy collar just like me! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun adventure for you, Corbin! We bet you did the high five!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a really fun night! Wish I could've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Corbin,
    What FUN all of you had! Did you gets to meet Steve Caporizzo???? I sure hope so. :) Mom and me really likes him!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    PeeS at least two more weeks before I can plays wif anybpdy again. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tee hee! Way to embarrass your mom on the field!

    Our Bark in the Park isn't until August this year, because Homer's birthday is that day. I'm hoping it's not too hot!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know that was Frankie!!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. Corbin, you are just one cool dude! Love your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic Day, Corbin....and we're sure that was Frankie!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cool dude that you got to go out on the baseball field! Laughin my tail off that you didn't do the high five thingy BOL! Great time y'all had though! :D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Forget that high five, you were a star!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, man, Corbin! You're so lucky! We never get to go to our ballpark on Dog Days 'cause they're always on Sunday afternoon and it's hotter'n blazes here so our peeps won't take us. No matter about the high five thing, you looked incredibly handsome and that's all that matters :)

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  20. How awesome that you got to go on the field! Looks like it was an awesome time :)
    Wags,
    Maddy and Owen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Corbin!
    Wow, that was one amazing day! Lots of treats, fun, attention, furiends...what more can a pup ask for?!? Great pix of all the action!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like such fun! Cant wait for the Mets and Yankees games with Havi!

    www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Corbin, we are so sorry we missed your big night. We have been dealing with a lot of junk here. That was so great that you got out on the field. We sure hope you did the high five.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete