Thursday, June 23, 2011

Walkin' in the park... News on Oreo

So, the plan was to meet up with my furiends at the Crossings on Tuesday to go for a fun walkie!  I haven't seen my furiends in a while, so I was pretty excited!  But, because of some meanie foofoo dog at daycare, Maggie had to go to the VETS to get her ear fixed.  :-(  We sure did miss Maggie, but the walk must go on because Mom's getting chubby.
Oreo got to come too!  Levi's Auntie Jen Jen said she'd walk her
if we got out of control, BOL!  Us?  Please...
Ok, Oreo... look for Emmett and Levi.
Ya see 'em?????
Found them!!!!  Oreo, this is Levi!
Our furiend Charlie joined us too!  He's another
Homeward Bound foster failure ;-)
No pictures of the actually walkie... Mom said she had to concentrate on me because I had to go back into training because we had gotten a little lax... whatever THAT means.  Come on, mom... you know I'm awesome and need no training.

This is Oreo with half of Levi's Auntie Jen Jen.
Jen Jen was with Heather the day I was rescued from dying at the shelter.
So I love her lots and lots too :o)
Oh... was I supposed to be paying attention?
Emmett... stop ruining the shot!
Oops... I forgot to look at the camera, mom.
Mom, I don't think this is going to work today.
Why didn't you bring treats?  Silly mom...
Charlie is really good at this... but I think this is
the best shot you're getting!
EMMETT!!!!!!!
Ok, mom... it's play time.
Then it was time to go...
Bye Charlie!
Let's see each other soon, Levi!
Emmett got to come back to my house afterwards...
Because Mom and Heather had to take Oreo
on a home visit.
Oreo went to a big pet adoption clinic called Petapalooza on Saturday.  She was the star of the show and a lot of people were interested in her.  Mom really liked a family of  mom and daughter.  So, after the rescue checked all of their information, Mom decided a home visit would be best for Oreo.  Well, I think Oreo really loved these people.  She was so well behaved and the little girl, who is 10, was walking Oreo up and down the street.  Oreo seemed so comfortable there and even curled up and took a nap.  Oreo stayed there Tuesday night and things have been going great so far... I don't want to jinx anything, but I think Oreo may have found her furever home :o)
I sure will miss her, but I know this family loves her a whole lot.  And if things don't work out, Oreo always has a place next to me!

31 comments:

  1. Good luck, Miss Oreo!! You were very behaved for your photo shoot!!

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! congrats Oreo, that sounds very promising. By the way, I noticed all the dogs in the pics have choke-collars, we have been thinking about trading out the gentle leader for a choke collar - what do you think??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope Oreo found her forever home this time. if not.. she'll always have one with you guys.

    That sure is a lot of funsies walkies. Poor Maggie mae. I bet she can't wait for the next meetup.

    We will keep all our toes.. paws.. fingers crossed that Oreo will have her forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good time. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Oreo. I hope this is her furever home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn, Thanks, that is super helpful- I like the idea that they are like mom's correction. I think we will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OoH Corbin,

    I am most sad dat I missed such a fun walk at da Crossings PLUS I missed out on meetin' Oreo and Charlie. :( I sure do hopes I heal fast so we can try again! Paws is crossed fur Oreo!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a pawsome time with your furiends!!

    We are keeping our paws crossed for Oreo :)

    Pugs & Kisses,

    Yoda, Brutus & Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great playtime pics!

    We will keep our paws crossed that Oreo has found his home.

    We also hope Maggie is okay! Meanie bitey dog that did that to her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you will miss Oreo, but I sure hope that forever home is purrfect for her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our paws are crossed for Oreo! But she is very lucky to have you and your Moms to look out for her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really hoping this is the perfect place for Oreo! Your walk sounds like it was so much fun!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope things work out for Oreo. Looks like you had lots of fun with your furfriends on your walk!

    Mack & Murph
    http://mackandmurph.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a great walking group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We were so sorry about Maggie Mae's ear and about her not being able to join the walk - perhaps another day. But it sure looks like it was a fun time for all. We hope that things work out well for Oreo with this family.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pawtastic get together - how cool all your friends came.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun time you had with your buddies, Corbin! We hope Maggie Mae can join you next time. Our paws are crossed for Oreo!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I'm gonna hold my breath and cross my paws that Oreo has finally, finally found her furever home.

    What a fun walkie day you had! I'm sorry Maggie Mae didn't get to come. She woulda had the bestest time!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great day out. Poor Maggie Mae, bet she's very sad to miss it.....and have that booboo ear. Oh well, maybe next time.

    Great news about Oreo. Paws crossed.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures of your walk... Sorry Maggie couldn't join you, but it looks like a good outing anyway.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will cross my paws fur Oreo!!

    Now about that little LAX thingy.. I think that means your poop shooter is all stuffed up and so you get the Little LAX and ... smooth sailin.
    BUTT... of course I MIGHT be wrong about this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. you guys an adorable pack..
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hurray for Oreo! My paws are crossed that things continue to go well.

    I sure wish I could join you dogs on a walk. Of course, not sure you would be able to keep up with me. BOL!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope things work out for Oreo this time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What wonderful news about Oreo!!!
    We will keep our paws crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Paws crossed for Oreo!

    You two look great together though!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun play date! We were so sorry to hear about Maggie's ear :( and that she had to miss seeing her boys! That is so great about Oreo! Hope she finds her perfect forever home. Although, we do think you two make a cute couple! But looks like she will stay close by and you can visit each other often!

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great gathering with your furiends Corbin! And my paws are crossed fur ya Oreo. Sounds like this could be the one! :)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi there Corbin! My name is Teal'c and I'm from Sydney. Just wanted to say hello! We wish Oreo good luck as well. He looks a little bit like a bigger version of me :) :)

    Slobbers Teal'c

    ReplyDelete