Monday, August 23, 2010

She's HOME!


Dad told me mom would be home, so I waited all day for her.  She finally came home around 6:30.  For a while there I thought maybe dad was bluffing and she wasn't really coming home.  But I was super excited to see her when she finally pulled in the drive way!  We were all enjoying our time together quite nicely... then.... THEN... mom goes into the kitchen and goes into my "Corbin" spot - so I thought she was going to get me some treats.  Know what she did?  She had been gone a WHOLE WEEK and the first thing she does when she gets home is get out the nail file!  SHE FILED MY NAILS!  Oh, I screamed and cried and threw my Corbin fit until dad finally stepped in and took me away from her.  Ugh, the NERVE.

I was very disappointed in her.  I had waited all week for her to come home.  Needless to say, I was all ready to not talk to her for the rest of the night.  Then she goes into a petsmart bag... Hm, where'd she hid that when she came in?! 

Gee, Mom... what's that? That looks like a new toy...
I'm sorry I got angry mom.  I really want my new toy.  Did you get that for me beause I was so good for dad all week?  I was really a good boy.  And I really deserve that new toy.  Can I please have it?
Give it to me already, mom!  I told you I was a good boy!

Now, I"m going to hid under the coffee table so you can't take it back.

I refused to snuggle with mom last night, though. I stood my ground!  I stayed and watched tv with dad... but mom convinced me to snuggle this morning (didn't take much convincing! I LOVE SNUGGLING!).  I sure am glad she's back though!  She also bought me the new harness I told her to get because I saw it on Roo's page.  Thank goodness he warned me to be patient with mom, because it sure did take her a while to figure it out.  We couldn't go for a walk because it's been raining here... hopefully tonight we'll get to try it out!  Thanks, Roo!

Glad mom's home & glad I have a new toy!

12 comments:

  1. Mr Corbin I am so glad you have your mommy back! Hahaha she filed your nails first - good boy on throwing a fit ;) Do you have a picture of this nail file?? Ive been wondering about getting one.

    Glad you have a new toy and snuggled with your mom. We love Roo too, but we call him Roo-bob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Corbin I don't blames you one bit fur playing da silent treatment bouts da nail thing (my mum actually bought me nail clippers furs my birfday).
    But I knows you is still happy hers is home...You was right to lets her off da hook in da mornin' though. Gotta keeps da peoples on their toes and make 'em wonder sometimes...hehehe!

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corbin!

    I am soo happys that your mom is home wif you. I has that new toy youz got from hers and I luvs it! Doesn't the rain today just suck?

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    PeeS Mom is gonna takes a closer looks at RooRoo's harness now....can your mom lets us know what it is called and where she gots it from...tanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your mom is home Corbin. I bet she missed you more than you missed hers!

    Bummer bout da nail filing though. WHat are hoomans thinking sometimes?

    MinnaK

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you Corbin that your Mommy is home! What a Special treat to get a new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooooHoooo!!! I'm doing zoomies around the house cuz your mommy's home! Hope all is smoothed over now for the nail file incident!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe she filed your nails first thing! But snuggles are better.

    Glad she's home to snuggle.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, despite the nails, which was such a faux pas on her part, it's good she's home. She probably only made that mistake because she was worried about you and things like your nails all week. Moms are like that. She did bring you a real nice present, though.

    lotsa licks, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  9. bet you are so thrilled momma is back and with a toy. We don't blame you for hiding it. We love snuggling too even though we don't admit it much
    Nitey nite
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Corbin sometimes a man has gota do what he's gotta do - stand his ground! You did well and I am on your side. I HATE my nails filed and furthermore I don't like my nails painted but a girl has gotta image to keep up. I am glad you gave into snuggling!!!

    Hugs & smoochies! XOXO
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  11. The nerve of that mother of yours! I can't imagine after missing her all that time and that mommy came home to file your nails. What was she thinking?? Tell her to quit being such a mommy all the time. Glad you forgave her this morning. Snuggles make it all better

    ReplyDelete
  12. Corbin dude! Yeah, Mom tried one of those buzzing nail file things on me. I treated it just like a vacuum. Soon as it came within reach, I lunged at it! Hah! Mom gave up after three tries and now just uses clippers and her manual nail file ;)

    Thinkin Neener Neener Mom,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete