Tuesday, July 15, 2014

No more wood chuckin'

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could out run a Corbin?

 
Let me tell you the story.
 
The momma wasn't feeling well Sunday morning, so her, Amelia, the puppies and I all snuggled in after breakfast until mid morning.  It was about 11am and we all rolled out of bed and the momma opened the door to let us all into the back yard.  The puppies went to frolic in the yard while Amelia and I both dashed under the back deck.  The momma figured my ball must have rolled under there, because this wasn't an uncommon occurrence.

 
However, our scurry under the deck lasted longer than normal, and when the momma realized that, she called my name.  Just then, Amelia ran out and was in full hunter mode, blocking the exit to the deck.
 
The momma started screaming "CORBIN!" and out I emerged from under the deck with a super large furry thing clamped between my jaws.  I got that nasty intruder!  Now, I was doing my best to concentrate on my job of making sure that furry beast would never step another unwanted claw onto our property, but it was a battle between my job as protector of our property and listening to the momma's screaming commands.  She kept screaming "CORBIN! DROP IT! DROPPP ITTT!" - so I did.  But, the nasty beast was still alive.  So, I looked at it, looked at the momma and gave her my best "Sorry for disobeying your commands" look, and I grabbed that sorry sucker and gave him a final shake.  I spit him out and walked away leaving him in the yard as a sign for any other intruders that dare think my yard is common property.

 
The momma screamed lots and lots of HBO words and my puppies were hiding behind her legs when Amelia and I came around, I was glad they were safe.  Amelia and I knew we were in trouble, so we went to hang out in our crates until the momma cooled down.  She called the dad and said lots of HBO words to him and told him that I left him a big furry present in the yard. 
 
So, I guess we'll never know how much wood that woodchuck would chuck.  The dad dug him a grave and he now lays in the Corbin's graveyard of unwanted beasts next to Squirrelly and Squally the Squirrels, Birda, Robin & Red the birds, Chippy the Chipmonk, Molly the Mouse and Peter the Rabbit. 

I sleep well knowing my yard is safe.

*Pictorial evidence of the massive size of the vicious beast is available upon request.

15 comments:

  1. Yikes….I am only ere on frendly bizniss Corbin my pal….*shows vizzytors pass*

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can't help it if you protective instinct is so strong Corbie....and you were protecting your family ....who knows how much wood that woodchuck could of chucked at them - right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The humans never understand what these intruders could do if allowed to roam free.

    Good boy, Corbin!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an excellent job keeping the home front safe Corbin. Sorry your mommy doesn't see it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word Corbin!! What are you thinking. You can be in jail for 87 days
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELL DONE CORBIN. WELL DONE. Gotta keep the homestead SAFE from those nasty inturders..

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Corbin is doing his job. All that screaming and HBO. I am glad you are OK because sometimes rodents can be mean when you are trying to snap their necks.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  8. NICE!!!! You gots your very own GRAVEYARDIE??! Pawsome!! I don't have one of those...Ma just throws them in the garbage. And I don't have such a large variety eithers!! I only had a couple of rats and a burdie that I didn't mean to dead. The rats I did.
    I'm glads all your Moms yellin' didn't hurt your tender ears Corbin. Moms can really squeal when they gets our treasures
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent job, Corbin! Your yard is now safe!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clap clap clap!! Please come over and help us with the kitty cat problem...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh boy! We had a woodchuck encounter last month! He tried to have a play date with us and let's just say it ended with a trip to the vets. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure did a good job protecting your home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maggie & Duke are jealous! They pulled me over last week and couldn't drag me across the lawn fast enough to catch the squirrels. :) Good job Corbin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HBO words!!!! Sorry i missed that! This is like the doggie version of True Blood! You go Corbin!

    ReplyDelete