Thursday, July 24, 2014

More infection.

My puppies got adopted and that was a great thing that happened on Saturday.  But, other than that, Saturday was a very bad Corbin day.  I woke up with a very heavy limp on my ouchie toe which upset my back and made me very yelpy and uncomfortable.  By Saturday afternoon, I went up the 4 steps into the house from my yard backwards.  BACKWARDS.  That's how ouchie it is for me to go up them the normal way.

 
In an effort to fix my immune system and help me better fight off these infections in the first place, we're trying to wean me off of the prednisone.  But, the prednisone is what keeps my back pain away.  So I have to be very calm and careful for a few weeks while we do this.  Therefore, increasing my predinsone to help my ouchie back isn't an option. 
 
 
So, the momma had to think outside the box. She soaked a cloth in some Epsom salts and warm water and put the warm cloth on my back for a while. Then, I relaxed on my living room bed and the momma put a heating pad on my back on and off through out the night. It helped! I slept through the night and my back felt better on Sunday, although I was still moving quite slow and still limping.
 
 
On Monday morning during the momma's investigation of my body parts, she noticed a nasty white patch on the pad of my ouchie foot.  We went to the vet on Tuesday and got an antibacterial scrub and topical antibacterial spray. 
 
 
The scrub has been helping and the momma has seen some results already.  I have to wear my boots when I go out side or when the parents leave and I'm home alone with Amelia.  I like to lick at my foot a lot and apparently I'm not supposed to be doing that.  So, while the parents are home, they like for my foot to have some time to air out... and keeping me from licking is a big issue.  Enter odd contraption the momma made.
 
 
It's a little hard to see, but the momma took a plastic wine cup (it's clear, which is why it's hard to see), cut the bottom out and cut a slit down the side.  She wrapped it in fleece so it wouldn't hurt my furs and laced it with yarn and tied it around my foot.  For reals?  Yea... for reals.  I told her I would entertain this device temporarily, but she needed to come up with something a bit more fashionable for longer term purposes. 

18 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're having a rough time, I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Momma made you a cone of shame for your paw! That's clever!

    I hope you will feel better soon, sweet Corbin!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor corbin - we wish there was something that would make it easier. Reilly is now on Gabopentin for his back and that seems to be helping him

    ReplyDelete
  4. We Beaglebratz r so furry much happee your puppiez gotz adopted - that iza a great thing. That bein'sed - we r so furry sad that u r not feelin'so well an'THEN u hazta endure your mom tryin'tue help out by makin'that weird lookin'OH WAIT! She did that tue help u feel better - that iza way cool thing - so may-b it duzn't look so great BUTT that won't last long. We r sendin'sum Beagle Aroooooooz your way - that'z Beagle speak fur POTP an'fast healin'vibez.
    Shiloh-Lord of the Manor'n Diva Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did not think that the Epsome Salts would help your BACK... THAT is super.

    We though you could soak you OWIE Paw in it...

    HEY... at TRACTOR SUPPLY Co. we saw some rubber thingys that are split and form a CUP... that gets put over Calf and Colt and Lamb feets when they have owies... THOSE might work better than your mom's WHINE glass.
    Otherwise she is gonna have to get a PLUMBER's FUREND and put THAT over your paw. REALLY not a good look, there buddy. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think that device is pretty ingenious, Corbin! We sure hope it works and you're back to 100% soon!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Corbin, we are so sorry your toe is so ouchy. But your Mom is really creative. She ovesbyou lots and works to try anything go help you feel better m. Go Mom:-) z.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That device is rather clever - and vastly better than a lampshade! Feel better soon, Corbin!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mama is so clever to come up with such a contraption! Hope you get to feelin' better, Corbin. I hate to think of you in any pain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Corbin!! If it's any consolation, I have an ouchie paw pad AND an ear infection. Some of us guys are just TOO MUCH FUN!!

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mebbe haz da wine too Corbin my pal…is good for pane day say….ope yoo feel in better soon my pal...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I'm hoping your paw woes will be better soon. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww poor foot! But at least you have a McGyver mom to find ways to help it get better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh poor Corbins. I do so worry about yous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh corbin! Mabey try soaking you foot in Epson salts or packing it in mud. Mud and Epson salts draw out the bad stuff. Feel better soon!
    -Tinka & Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. This sucks. You have had enough! 2. Wishing you a speedy recovery with your cup paw! 3. You have the best momma. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH you poor thing. Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

    ReplyDelete