Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Amelia Goes to School!

Amelia here!
 
No April Fools joke for us this year, after last year's post on April 1st, it was decided that would be the one and only!  Instead, I'm taking over the blog over to tell you about my trip to an elementary school!
 
Homeward Bound is my rescue!
 
All the little kids from the elementary school put on a play and they donate the proceeds to Homeward Bound!  Even better?  The invited some adoptables to greet the guests as they arrive for the play!  So, I was there with some of my adoptable friends!
 
This is nice volunteer Carol and adoptable Marley.
Marley is about 10 years old.  She was adopted a few years ago but returned to the rescue when her family suddenly needed to move in with family and weren't allowed to take her.  She was again adopted to a nice older woman, who unfortunately fell ill and Marley is back looking for a forever home for her retirement years!  Oh, and I'm in the picture too!
 
This is adoptable Reagan.  He's about 6 months old and super cool!  He loved flopping over and giving lots of love and getting lots of attention!
 
And, here I am taking directions from a little two legger!  She gave me treats and I did all my tricks for them!
 
This here is Delsi!  She's my bff Mayzie's daughter!  Isn't she beautiful?  She's a lover of the attentions and ate up all that were offered!
 
This here is Homeward Bound Alumni, Kobi!  She's been a great foster sister to many kids just like me on our way to a forever home!  Hip Hip Kobi!!
 
It was a really fun day and I got to socialize with lots of people and kids, what could be better?!  I was pretty well behaved... except for the time when a nice lady was talking to Kobi and her mom and I ran around the nice lady and made foster momma follow me so my leash didn't knock the lady over!  Hehe.  Oh, did I mention I did that twice in a row?  It was pretty funny.  That'll teach foster momma to get distracted while I'm around!
 
I met lots of great people and many commented on what a nice Pit Bull I was!!  Foster momma has mixed emotions about that phrase, because she'd like for people to look past my breed and say "What a nice dog!" instead. 
 
I told her some day that will happen!  

10 comments:

  1. Awwww this is such a sweet post, school days are the BEST! I really hope that everyone enjoyed it, it seems like everone got an education and that everyone had fun, as for the "nice Pit Bull" comment, be proud of that because you are one, we all know that Pittys are great, its good to show other people that too, so be happy to spread a positive message!
    Love and licks from your furiend Frank xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great ambassador she is and without a doubt she loved all the attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grreat post! I bet all the kiddies just LOVED meeting you. But why is your momma still pretending you're an adoptable dog?! BOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. BaaaaWaaaah WE remember LAST YEAR... hhehehehehe

    OMD this is WONDERFUL,,,, We are so proud of that school. The lessons learned with This Pawject will be remembered ALL of the students Lives... and will make a REAL difference. SO much better than this crazy... teach for the test ... trend.
    BRAVO to the SCHOOL and those who arranged this. BRAVO Well DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think it's a compliment that they noticed you so much that they knew more details about you! And you are such a pretty girl. I still think you should stay at Corbin's house, though!


    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome job you did at school!!
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time but we agree with Bunny that you should be Corbin's full time sister and not just a foster sister. After all you still are able to have a third dog in the house to foster from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We think it's fabulous that you went to school, Amelia! Did you get to ride on the big school bus too?! We are just so proud of you!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lookin good my pals…opt corse I do eartily hendorse any fur wot be name Marlee...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go doing so good in school like that!

    ReplyDelete