Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Year (and two days) of Amelia!

One year and 5 days ago, a lady at the shelter was filling up a needle, it was my final moments of life.  My luck changed when her phone rang.  There was a lady on the other end that said "Please don't kill that dog!  Send her to NY!"  The lady at the shelter was relieved, a lot of the shelter staff really liked me and they tried very hard to find me a rescue.  After many days with no response, my time had come.  But, somehow my story got to my foster momma... she knew only of my name and my breed, but something made her make that phone call. 

This is the picture foster momma got of me after she saved me.

One year and 3 days ago, I was walked out of the shelter in Kentucky and was loaded into a big van filled with lots of crates and lots of other dogs, just like me.  I was off to my new start.  I was off to New York.

This was me when I got off the transport and met foster momma.

One year and 2 days ago, I was taken off that van by a really nice lady who hugged me and smooched me and told me life was going to be good from now on.  I knew her voice, it was the one on the other end of the phone that saved my life.  I was scared and unsure, but I trusted her.  She put me in her car and took me home where I met Corbin and Foster Dad. 

This is when I met Corbin.

During this past year, I have learned that life really IS good.  I have learned that so many things aren't as scary as I thought they were.  I have made many friends, human and canine.  I have a warm bed to sleep in every night, meals that fill my belly every day and I have more love than I could ever absorb.

Lots of love can make a scared girl into a confident one!
 
 
Here are some of my favorite times of the last year, there are lots of them, but I narrowed it down to just a few!
 
I love having grass to roll in.
 
My first smooch with Corbin!
 
I did two 5K's with foster momma!
 
I learned how to ride on a boat and swim in water!
 
I really loved the lake!
 
I liked the snow too!
 
Once I realized it wasn't scary.
 
I love being silly!
 
And snuggling with the foster momma.
 
Corbin, too!
 
I've really come a long way in 1 year, from the scared little girl
who came out of the shelter and off a transport,
to the happy, confident, well mannered girl who walks proud
smooches often and sleeps soundly knowing I'm safe. 

One year and 5 days ago, my life almost ended... and here I am, one year and 5 days later living a wonderful life, with wonderful foster people and wonderful foster siblings.  I'm so thankful for this past year and I can't wait for my next year and all the years after that! I'm ready for my forever home and I just know this is the year for it to come!

Thanks for following along with me this year and watching me grow!
 
Lots of love & smoochies,
Amelia
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Amelia you are beautiful and so very fortunate to be with Corbin and family. We are sending lots of good thoughts your way that your forever home is just around the corner. That is unless you can talk your foster family into becoming your forever family.
    Barb and the furkids

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have our paws crossed for you amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful girl! Her eyes lookes so sad in the old photos. What a difference love makes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you foster mom!!! You are one lucky pup A
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a grreat anniversary! The only part that confuses me is the bit about looking for a furever home. It's obvious you've found it already! Here's to many more years of Amelia and the Corbin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BUTT Amelia.... we think you HAVE found your furever home.. right there with Corbie.
    Happy One Year and 5 days of GRRRRREAT LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family is looking for you right now, they just might not know it. :)

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one lucky girl Amelia, I know that your forever is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post! We are crossing our paws that you do find your forever home that you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful story, Amelia.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Amelia - you are such a lucky girl, and your family is so lucky to have you! Life is good, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have come such a long way and we are so happy for you, Amelia! The bestest forever family will find you - we just know it!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amelia,

    We is so happy dat your sweet momma made dat call last year cuz now you is safe and happy wif da Corbin all of us. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your forever and ever is coming sweet girl and it is going to be just as spectacular as the past year and five days! Until then, take good care of your foster family, they are pretty friggen wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversary! Love all the pics of our great year. You're so lucky that the foster momma & the Corbin found you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary! I just wish your foster mama would realize that you've ALREADY found your furever home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hurrah! I iz da big fan Meelya my pal….mat dere be mennee more yeers like dis wun

    ReplyDelete