Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Amelia's first pet store experiece!

Amelia had her first adventure to Petsmart yesterday!  You see, we needed to get our nails clipped and the momma usually brings us to PetCo, but when we got to PetCo, the Grooming area was closed!  They didn't have anyone to work it that night, so it closed early.  So, since we were both in the car and the momma had all of our paperwork, she decided we'd just go to Petsmart.
 
Let's go already!
 
The momma left the air conditioned car running while she left us in the car and ran into the store to make sure they weren't super busy and had time to trim up our nails.  No pooches were in the grooming place, so the lady was glad to help us out!  So, the momma went out to the car and grabbed me and Amelia and in the store we went.  But, the momma and I were walking when all the sudden she leash pulled in the other direction.
 
It was Amelia... pancaked on the floor.  She wasn't moving anywhere for anything.  The nice grooming lady came out and said she would take me back for my nail clip and we could work with Amelia easier.  So, off I went with the nice grooming lady and the momma and two of the workers managed to get Amelia half way through the store, but that was it, she wasn't going any further.  So, the momma carried her the rest of the way.  She was a rockstar for her nail clipping though!  And, as soon as she knew we were leaving the store, she walked around like a rockstar!  And, even got recognized as the dog in the tutu from Homeward Bound!
 
Yep, that's my tutu wearing foster sister!
 
It was quite the adventure that the momma wasn't quite prepared for, but it all worked out okay and Amelia got lots of my yummy special nail clipping treats for being such a brave girl!  I think more Pet Store adventures are in Amelia's future so she can get more comfortable with them.
 

She slept and slept and slept when we got home!

23 comments:

  1. Yeah for Amelia, she is just too cute. Miss M also gets her pedicures at Petsmart, and is also a bit hesitant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOOOOORAY fur Miss Amelia. We don't like shopping in stores that we don't know... everythingy is in the WRONG Place... and nothing Smells "RIGHT" and stuffs. No wonder she was a little... reluctant... BUTT now she will be a Super Shopper there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first Golden never walked on linoleum until I took her to a Petsmart. It took her a while to get her sealegs!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've never peen to either of those stores. Sometimes we go in the small local store, butt come to think of it, I've never gotten to go...MMMOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know with Denny - it is the self opening doors that terrify him and cause him to pancake in the doorway - once we get past them he is fine. Just takes lots of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't blame you for being so cautious
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the first time in a store if you're a grown dog can be really scary...Momz has been taking me since I was a little puppy and she could carry me easy so I got used to it and now I love the store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, poor Amelia. Some of those stores can be a skeery place! But don't worry, you ALWAYS get something fun out of it. It's like a rule. I've even been there and met Santa Paws himself!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Corbin,
    It appears Amelia is benefiting from your tutelage. Good going. I know I LOVE PetsMart and I am sure A will too.
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, new places can be scary! Edi is always up for new adventures, but Tess is sometimes cautious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We know that pancake pose. Usually we've had it at foot bridges. We do pavement work must mornings so our nails stay trimmed. Then it's just the dew claws. Roxy hasn't been in our Petbarn yet.

    xXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shiver always trims his own nails. I've mentioned to the vet that he chews on them and the vet didn't seem at all concerned, so I just let him do it. I always have them trimmed whenever he goes to the vet though, whether it's for his annual shots or he's sick or whatever.

    Shiver is VERY, VERY shy so I'm pretty sure he would have acted the same way Amelia did once you brought her into the store. I'm glad she was a good girl and otherwise had a good experience. She really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what an experience! I'm totally impressed that Amelia worked this out in the end. Pawesome and I bet those treats were delish. She looks lovely in her tutu!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you know that none of us has ever been to Petco or Petsmart? We get lots of treats from there, but not a paw has graced their floors. We think it is about time the Momster did something about that.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miss Amelia, We love going to Petsmart. We also get our nails trimmed there too. The best thing about going there is that we always get lots of treats and pets.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad it turned out ok. You were a very good example for her Corbin.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amelia is so sweet all knocked out after her exhaustive trip. What a face.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad everything went well!
    Amelia looks adorable wearing her tutu!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  19. Molly gets her nails trimmed at PetSmart too! She's not crazy about it but the groomers are so nice to her! Great job, Amelia!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  20. We so admire you have PetSmart everywhere and it seems it's a very nice place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm really impressed with the employees there and how accommodating and patient they were!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I ope the store haz taken note of Ameelia's review and will be doin stuff better in the future Corbin my pal...they must kno dat da ladies kno their shoppin

    ReplyDelete