Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanks & Mischief

I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words of support for the momma after my Grandpa Dave passed away.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's really great to know so many wonderful people through my blog.
 
I got to go with the momma up to see Grandma Lynda last week.  The momma and I stopped so I could see this sign outside of the firehouse where my Grandpa Dave volunteered for 32 years.  He was a Nationally Certified Safety Officer, one of the only ones in NY State.  He was kind of a big deal, hehe. 
That's my Grandpa Dave
 
Hey, wait a minute... why doesn't it say "Grandpa Dave?"
 
Anyway, I don't normally get to pester visit Grandma Lynda and Grandpa Dave... I'm kind of a spazoid crazy dog and I run around and bump into things and knock people things over.  I just get so excited!  But, the momma took me up with her last Wednesday.
 
Want to know why?
 
To cheer Grandma Lynda up with this handsome face, of course!
 
Ok, well, that was my reasoning... the momma says I had to go with her so she could keep an eye on me.  You see.... when the momma wasn't home on Tuesday, I was napping on the couch and a horrible thing happened.  Squirrels invaded my house and went through the trash!  Can you believe it?  I was sleeping so soundly, I didn't even notice, but later that night when I was getting all sickly, I realized they MUST have drugged me.
 
The momma didn't believe me about the squirrels.
 
BUT! I'm feeling much better and the momma is no longer worried about me getting sickly.  I'm still worried about how those pesky squirrels got in and need to make sure it never happens again!  Although, I lost my free house roaming privileges while the momma and dad are out of the house, so I'm back to crate duty. 

26 comments:

  1. Hehehehe...Oh them little rodents always be causin' trubles and then they gets us in trubles!!!!! I say I needs to come to your house and investigates dis.

    What an awesome tribute da fire dept. did furs your Grandpa Dave. Him was DA MAN! We still is thinkin' bouts your momma.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tribute to your Grandpa Dave. Funny they put his wrong name up there...Oh Corbin, you should have seen all the stuffs those squirrels did in our house when me and Gizmo were younger. Our mom never believed us either. Sheesh! Please give your momma some extra smooches from us.

    Bart and Ruby, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corbin, Dude, it must be something in the air. One of our kitties dug a HOLE in the family room carpet and pinned it on me. I think I'm headed back to the crate too during the bye-bye times. ~Ray-Ray
    :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those darn squirrels they will blame everything on a poor dog and get away with it! It's so great that you can be a major support for your loved ones at this time as well. I'd say keep of the good work you handsome doggy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice tribute...and I just knew you made everyone smile just by bein' there.

    And, yes...those tree rats again! Time to stamp 'em out, fur good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn those squirrels! Always getting us in trouble with their evil deeds!

    I am sure you are doing a great job cheering your family up, buddy!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those evil sneaky squirrels! The nerve of them DRUGGING you! I hope you barked and barked and barked at them when you woke up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice tribute to your grandpa. Sorry to hear you slept through that squirrel invasion and now you have to be in a crate when alone. That just doesn't seem fair.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those squirrels cause so much trouble! At least you know you did your job! ;)

    Love the sign - very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude - are you sure they were squirrels - we have a dumpster diving monster at our house...maybe you have one too! That sure looks like the mess ours make too. Way to go for the Fire station honoring Grandpa Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry that your Grandpa passed:(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woof! Woof! Great tribute to your grandpa. Oh those squirrels. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's awesome memorial for Grandpa Dave!! Very nice of them!

    And umm...those squirrels must be stopped! The after-affects of the drugs (not any sort of delicious garbage...whistle whistle) is proof they drugged you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those squirrels......! They're getting bolder and bolder! Luckily we don't have them here in Oz......but we do have Somedoggy...

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great tribute to your Grandpa Dave. I'm sure your Moms loves it even betters with you posin' next to it, too!
    Corbin, those squirrels have crossed the line!! Druggin' you so they could gets your garbage??? Too much!! Somethings gotta be done about this string of break-ins happenin' around blogville!

    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was such a nice tribute to your Grandpa. We hope the family is doing well after your loss.

    Mom hides the trash here so we don't have to worry about those pesky squirrels:)

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stoopid squirrels makin' all of that mess and you have to pay for it, Corbin! Totally not fair!
    What a nice tribute to your Grandpa Dave.

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful tribute to your grandpa Dave, we are so sorry. Oh my look at the mess... terrible Squirrels they always seem to get in out with out being seen......oh they are sneaky BOL

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm telling ya, Sam and Monty know a good lawyer...

    That's so nice that they paid tribute to Grandpa Dave that way.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful tribute to your Grandpa. I hope you catch those darn squirrels before they get in again and make more mess. I hope you didn't get blamed.

    Happy Thanksgiving

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Corbin, you are so adorable. lol Next time video tape the squirrels, that will prove to your momma you were telling the truth. :)

    I hope you helped in cheering up Grandma Lynn. Who could resist that big grin? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful tribute to your grandpa!

    Those squirrels... they always drive me up the wall.

    ~Eva


    ReplyDelete
  23. That sure was nice of them to put that on the sign. I am very sorry to hear of your families loss. Our thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A beautiful tribute to your grandpa. 30+ years as a volunteer. Wow! Those rotten squirrels. They get innocent pups in trouble all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. we simpaffize Corbin as we suffer from squirrel plagues here too...its not so long since they was nosin open our fridge

    ReplyDelete