Friday, May 25, 2012

Announcing Blogville Pitty Post Day & Frankie Friday!


Hey Blogville Friends!
I've got TWO exciting announcements in this post!
First Announcement!A few months ago, I did a blog post titled "You call me a Pit Bull like it's a bad thing." I got a bunch of great responses from this post and it made me SO happy! My good buddy Pip commented that perhaps we could do a blog-wide Pitty Post day. This idea made my heart sing. Pit Bull Awareness Day isn't until October, and I was way too excited about this Pitty Post Day to wait until then!

So, what am I going to do about it?

Well, my birthday is June 4th. Because of my ouchies and my big heart, I can't play with my friends like I usually do for my birthday, so THIS year, I'm asking YOU to participate in the FIRST EVER Blogville Pitty Post Day! It would mean so much to me to see a lot of great positive pitty awareness going on the day I turn 3!

What are YOU going to do about it?

If you'd like to participate, on Monday, June 4th you'll do a positive post on your blog** about pitties (**If you don't have a blog and you'd still like to join in on the fun, you can email me your picture and a little write up and I'll feature you on my blog! Must be received by June 3rd). Now, you can come up with any idea that you would like. Here are a few in case you're drawing some blanks!
  • If you're a pitty, you can do a post about all the positive things you do for the breed or why you love being called a Pit Bull.
  • If you're not a pitty, you can post about why you'd WANT to be a Pit Bull!
  • You can blog about an adoptable Pit Bull in your area! And, if you're so inclined, maybe go visit that pitty in the shelter and give them some love and hope!
  • You can blog about your favorite Pit Bull friend, blog friend or real life friend!
  • You can blog about something positive that has happened in your area regarding Pit Bulls
  • You can blog about breed discrimination -if you're another breed that gets discriminated on, this might be right up your ally!
The list can go on and on! Whatever you think of, blog it on Monday, June 4th! Please email me at OhCuteCorbin(AT)gmail(DOT)com when your entry has posted. I will enter everyone's blog post into a drawing and pick ONE winner to win a super special prize for participating!

It would be really awesome to see this totally take off, so please spread the word on your blogs! Sarge helped me come up with an awesome badge that you can display on your blog! Email me if you can't save it from here and I'll email it to you!
That's my face all ninja like!

I hope you all participate and help get the word around. It would sure mean more to me than any birthday present ever!


AND!
Second Announcement

What a great day to announce this on than our own Blogville Frankie Furter Day!  It's a beautiful day here, the sun is shining and the weather is warm -what better day than a day for Frankie?  I must say, Frankie, you have been one of the best blogville furiends a kid could ask for.  You have helped me get so many crossed paws when my ouchies and my sickies have acted up and it has really meant the world to me! We can always count on you and Ernie to bring us the latest news on everyone and we can ALWAYS count on you for a good giggle!  Blogville would be lost without Mayor Frankie Furter!  So, enjoy your day, my furiend!  It's a well deserved national Blogville Holiday! & Frankie, I hope you don't mind sharing your special day with my announcement!

Have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!!!
-Corbin

26 comments:

  1. Hi Corbin, I'm excited about Pittie Post day and will plan on doing a post for it.

    We love Frankie too. He and his family are the greatest.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the Pittie Post day! I am going to do my best to participate in this! Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corbin, you can count me in to participate, I would be more than honored to do dis. And as you knows I would do anything to helps you. When you gets down to it...we is all dogs.

    Frankie has been theres furs so many of us...we loves you Frankie and Ernie and momma L!

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Corbin!
    Wow, I'm so excited about the big Pitty Post Day! I can't wait to pawticipate and I'm gonna add this to the BC Calendar right now. Frankie and Mamaw are totally loving their big day! Thanks for joining in.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge A Licious

    ReplyDelete
  5. You absolutely know I am going to be all over this birthday and pittie celebration! Can't wait!

    Your pal, Pip

    P.S.: Puddles is very wise (??) we are ALL dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! Thanks for coordinating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! We'll definitely be participating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea Corbin! We're in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Corbin BUDDY.... I consider it an even BIGGER Honor to Share your hooooooge announcement about your Birfday Pitt Bull thingy. Ernie and I will be takin Pawt FUR SURE!!!
    THANK you my furend fur the kind words that you said about me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pitty post ... we're in. In fact we're gonna write ours this weekend so we won't forget. Now all we have to do is to remember to post it on the 4th.

    Yay, Frankie... What a great thing to have a day for him.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  11. Howdy Corbin, what a fab idea for your Pitty Post. We love your post for Mr Frankie too. He sure is loved a whole bunch! No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea. We think you're a very good woofie, Corbin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great tings happening today. Super! Have a great weekend, Corbin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Corbin!!

    What a grreat idea and a most wunderful way to spread da word dat pitties and ALL bully breeds ROCK! :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post! We will definantly be pawticipating in your pibble day!

    Licks,
    Snuggle Bug

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pawsome idea for your birthday celebration.....we will join in fur sure!

    Happy FF Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love Frankie and we LOVE your pittie post day! Count us in!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just made a note to myself about your pittie post day and plan to participate. GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wooo hoo! What a wonderful idea and a great way to share your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. we have marked it on our calendars!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. My neighbor has a pit bull and she is just so friendly! She's very pretty too.

    I wanna pawticipate in this so I'll have to do a little bit of research.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We are in!! We wouldn't miss Pitty post day for nothing. What a great way to celebrate your Brothday.

    {{{huggies}}}.....Mona

    ReplyDelete
  23. We will try and remember to do a nice Pitty Post for you my pal. I sure could use the extra height sumtimes....

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a great idea! I'm in! Paul will love a feature about him!

    ReplyDelete