Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Susie: Adopted

Susie: Adopted

Well, I guess we all knew that was coming.  But, the bummer news is that Susie was not adopted by us and her new family adopted her instead of me.  I would have gone home with them in a heartbeat because her new dad totally knows how to play ball! 

She's already very spoiled and I just know she's going to love her new home.  I sure do miss her though.  So, I got a monkey to play with. 

Now, normally I would destroy this squeeky stuffie monkey, but I was missing my Susie, so I took him in as a friend. 

At first, I put him in Susie's bed, but then I realized he was too far away from me, since I was in the living room. 

So, I put him on my living room bed...

And covered him with my blanket.

But, maybe he wasn't warm enough.... so I moved him.

A pile of blankets would surely be warm enough.  He hung out there for a while, but then I decided he was probably lonely over in the blakets all alone.

So we kept an eye on the neighborhood for a while, until I thought maybe he was tired.

So, I found a great spot for him in the couch.  Now, some of you might remember that my old couch had a hole right here for hiding things.  This couch doesn't have a hole yet, but I managed to get him in there good.

And I buried him and stuffed in down there good.

He stayed hidden until Dad almost sat on him.  So, I ended up carrying him around for a while and keeping a close eye on him.

Then mom and dad went out for a few hours and while they were gone and I was in my crate... my new found monkey friend was free to roam the house.  I heard him making up all sorts of stories about taking over my house.  So, when mom and dad got home...

I made sure I was the only one called Monkey in my house.
Ya know, sometimes my parents forget my name is Corbin and call me Monkey.
I think they call me Monkey more than Corbin.

RIP Monkey Man.  It was a fun day with you.

19 comments:

  1. Darn those skhwirrels fur framing woo!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Khongrats to Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at this! So cute! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Susie!!!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's okay. Monkey makes a good hat too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hhhmmmm....did someone get a little carried away, my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad Monkey Man was there for you when you needed a friend. Did he taste good?? BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am laughing so hard right now. You made sure that Monkey had a busy day!! Hope you had fun destuffing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for Susie! That's a pretty snazzy monkey hat, Corbin!

    Love ya lots
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that Susie got a furever home. BUTT I am really sorry that your New FUREND ended up... plottin and Plannin stuffs... Prolly he was a Squirrel in a Monkey Disguise .. and you had to Dispatch him.
    Well, since it was a HE guy and we all know your love fur SHEs and TaTas and stuffs I guess we shouldn't feel bad that HE went POOF...
    MONKEY...???? Sarge's Girrrrlfurend Zona is called Monkey too. Maybe you are related. You should check that out... butt don't be checken HER TaTa's though. Sarge wouldn't like THAT. I'm just sayin buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Corbin, we are glad Susie got a new forever home but sad she couldn't stay with you cause she looks so sweet. That little monkey had that quiet kinda face, some may say, sneaky lookin! Glad you found out exactly what he was like. Good de stuffing Corbin. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bruhhaaahaaaa! We're sorry Monkey had an accident....looks like even the ER won't help him.

    So Happy Susie got a great home....but we didn't think that sweetie would be around too long.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Monkey, but he can't talk bad about you!

    We are very happy that Susie got a new home, even if it wasn't with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad for Susie, but I am sorry you miss her. That monkey lasted pretty long, I think it was his time to leave us and go to stuffy heaven, now onto the next stuffy my pal.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bet you miss Susie and took it out on Monkey
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor little monkey! I bet it was fun playing with him while Dad and Mom weren't at home.

    Yay for Susie! Sorry that you miss her a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, now you have a monkey hat, Corbin. What will we ever do with you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Corbin, you ave cheered us up wiv dat blog on a very rainy day in the UK. We was just about to call you an old softie when you went and nommed up mr Monkey. He he

    ReplyDelete
  18. That monkey never stood a chance did it, Corbin? ;)

    ReplyDelete