Monday, September 21, 2015

Welcome Emily

Corbin was the voice of this blog.  The words just don't seem to come without him here.  But, like Corbin, his blog stood for something... and I will do my best to continue writing.  So, true to what this blog has always been about... true to what Corbin brought into our life... true to what Corbin stood for... I introduce you to Emily.


Emily was surrendered to our local shelter on July 30th.  On August 10th, I saw her picture and story on facebook... She was 16.  I had to have her.  I chatted with the Mr. Mo Project people and it was decided she would be the newest Mo dog.  She was picked up from the shelter that day and brought directly to the vet for immediate care.  Emily had a dangerous case of pneumonia.  She stayed at the vet office for 2 weeks while they worked day and night to get her to feel better.  

 

Emily wasn't improving very quickly.  She was visited every day by Chris and Mariesa with the Mr. Mo Project and I visited her as often as I could.  We all brought her anything we thought she might eat - steak, pizza, fish, chicken.... but she was rarely interested in much.  Finally, after 2 weeks, we took a chance and brought her home.  


She was so happy to get into my car.  This picture was on the ride home.  It was the most alert I had seen her since we met.  But, this picture was very deceiving.  I wasn't quite sure Emily was going to make it through the night.  


But, we made it through the first night, and then through the second.  I spent a fortune on every kind of dog food possible.  I made her meals so carefully and fed her small amounts several times a day.  Slowly her meals started to increase and the frequency decreased.  Her energy level grew and we got our first glimpse of Emily.


She now eats two normal meals a day of dry dog food, which is huge!  Emily will be going back to the vet soon to have another full check up.  Now that she's healthy, we can see how she is doing medically with out pneumonia clouding her results.  


The girls welcomed Emily with open paws and Emily seems to like them just the same.  Her energy level has increased and her stiff hind legs have started to become less stiff.  She gallops down the hallway in the morning in anticipation for her breakfast and does the happiest happy dance when we return home from work.  


Emmy will live out the remainder of her life here with us.  
Welcome to the Corbin House, sweet girl. 

18 comments:

  1. Emily, you darling old girl, you have landed on your feet sweetie. Thank you mates for a wonderful post. Corbin would be so proud of his family. No worries and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really won the jackpot in your golden years sweet Em! What a great testimonial to the power of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've really won the jackpot in your golden years sweet Em! What a great testimonial to the power of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It warms my heart SO much to see a senior dog being given a second chance to find a loving home. Thank you so much for taking in Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corbin will be there looking over you Emily
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think Emily is the luckiest dog in the world because she is now a permanent member of The Corbin House.
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  7. that would make corbin smile and all of us too - she is one very lucky girl to have found the perfect home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily, you are one lucky old pup. You look so much like our big boy Monty. We miss him every day so I'll check in with you and feel like I'm looking at him.

    We have a sixteen year old, too. Miss Morgan doesn't have your energy. She's just sort of wearing out, but we love her madly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This brought a few tears to my eye. What a wonderful way to honor Corbin, by bringing that sweet gal into your home. I know you must miss him terribly, but he's smiling a huge Corbin grin right now to know how fortunate Emily is to be a part of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowser, 16! That Emily makes me look like a young pup at 14.5, BOL! But I has to say I wish a million fleas on the peeps that could put their old dog in a shelter, grrrrr. She do be one lucky old geezer to be at the Corbin House furefur and efur now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Emily,
    may all the rest of your days be filled with joy and happiness.
    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww - what a sweet girl. I'm glad she found you.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emily couldn't have found herself a better home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww.....dat do bee da sweetist news my pals....is grate legicee dat my old pal Corbin ave left bee-hind

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emily, you found yourself a wonderful forever home. We love that cute smile of yours and know you are going to love it. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2348142454860,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For: Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count.  Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Weak Erection. Discharge from Penis. Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid. Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2348142454860  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dieing in pain and full of heart break. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contact him to try my luck, we talk and he send me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cure totally. I don't really know how it happen but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete